- Alexandria, EG
- £7 /hr
- Available now
I am looking for a position as a freelance translator, an English editor or a subtitler which offers me the opportunity to develop new language skills while strengthening thosemore...I am looking for a position as a freelance translator, an English editor or a subtitler which offers me the opportunity to develop new language skills while strengthening those I already possess. My main strengths are accuracy, dependability and the determination to get a job done. My mother tongue is Arabic.
Area Covered: Alexandria, Egypt
Work Experience Summary: • Since 1994 • present: news editor in Alex channel five.
-In charge of translating and editing local and international news.
-The ability to work under stress.
- Effectively communicate with colleagues to ensure that work is done.
• Since 1998-present: a freelance translator
- Translated material for the Arab academy for science, technology and maritime transport concerning marketing, finance and administration.
- Translated for postgraduates in calligraphy, music, art crafts, contracts, medical and legal materials and others.
- Accurate, punctual and hand work on time.
Education Summary: EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS:
1986-1990: Licentiate from Alexandria Faculty of arts, English department.
Subjects included: translation, linguistics, drama, criticism, British and American civilization, poetry and phonetics.
Before 1986: at the English Girls College (E.G.C) language school where I had my primary, preparatory and secondary certificates.
Passed the optional high level exam in the English language.
In 2004: passed the online test of SOFTITLER’® Net, Inc. specialized in subtitling and proofreading. I received their digital subtitling system and did the necessary training.