- Kenley, GB
- £7 /hr
- Available now
An ITIL qualified Service Management Consultant with extensive experience across Service Introduction and Transition. Key strengths include: creating outsourcing strategies thatmore...An ITIL qualified Service Management Consultant with extensive experience across Service Introduction and Transition. Key strengths include: creating outsourcing strategies that support high-level business objectives and drive superior TCO / ROI; embedding formal Risk Management to drive superior delivery of large-scale, global and £multi-million service transition programmes (MoR Practitioner); designing robust Service Management processes to facilitate transition to outsourced service providers; and a deep knowledge of Change, Release and Incident Management.
Area Covered: ï‚§ ITIL Service Management
Work Experience Summary: Contract / Case Study Portfolio:
Centrica Plc: Change Management Improvement Programme: Change Consultant (3 months)
ï‚§ Centrica lacked change management governance & needed improved compliance to support a major outsourcing initiative. Engaged to embed change management throughout a historically non-complaint IT community. Created change intranet with ‘new starter pack’ that documented policies & processes; analysed historic data to identify non-compliant teams; intro-duced & led training programme; and used MI to manage ongoing compliance. Succeeded in reducing process queries to the change team by 20% & open change requests by 50%.
Environment Agency (EA): Outsourcing Programme: Service Acceptance Manager (6 months)
ï‚§ EA were outsourcing their IT function to Cap Gemini & needed to raise the maturity of their service acceptance processes to facilitate transition. Engaged to lead process re-engineering & drive service acceptance. Designed service acceptance processes; trained Project Managers; liaised with multiple stakeholders & vendors to gain buy-in / compliance; and ensured service acceptance prior to cut-over. Succeeded in achieving readiness of all services with clearly defined SLAs which supported the successful delivery of this £350m outsourced programme.
Thomson Reuters / Fujitsu: Outsourcing Programme: Global Change Manager (6 months)
ï‚§ Thomson Reuters were outsourcing to Fujitsu (during merger of Thomson & Reuters). Engaged to lead change workstream to facilitate transition within this £500m programme. Performed due diligence of all services; created change strategy; developed stakeholder plans to overcome hostility; documented critical risks for migrated services; chaired Global CAB meetings; created change processes; and worked with legal & commercial teams to negotiate SLAs. Delivered service transition to plan & played a key role in creating a legal framework that ensured profit.
Thomson Reuters / Fujitsu: Release Management Programme: Release & Change Manager (6 months)
ï‚§ Thomson Reuters wanted to outsource an additional 200 applications to their MSP (Fujitsu). Engaged to manage release of these applications into a central service catalogue repository. Acted as single point of contact for all releases & changes; designed & implemented release process; performed risk assessment; created internal comms strategy; managed all releases into pre-production & production; and educated users & stakeholders. Succeeded in releasing all desired applications into the service catalogue within planned timescales.
BT Exact: Outsource / Service Introduction Programme: Service Introduction Consultant (10 months)
ï‚§ BT Exact (BT’s technical arm) was being outsourced to HP, however BT had immature service management processes. Engaged to agree operations acceptance & service readiness criteria. Worked with key stakeholders; defined & agreed criteria including SLAs & contractual terms; created internal comms strategy to educate Project Managers; and acted as SME / point of contact for all operations acceptance & service readiness issues. Succeeded in ensuring that all services were transitioned to HP with clear performance targets & SLA criteria.
BT: BACSTEL-IP Project: Service Introduction / Project Manager (8 months)
ï‚§ BT were replacing their legacy BACSTEL-IP delivery channel in line with regulatory deadlines. Engaged to lead implementation to compressed timescales. Defined resource requirements; created project plans; managed key stakeholders; oversaw technical work-stream; liaised with multiple 3rd party suppliers & vendors; embedded change control & formal service transition processes; and regularly reported to the Board. Succeeded in delivering this critical £2m project within regulatory timeframes with no unplanned service outages.
Ministry of Justice: Service Acceptance Programme: Service Transition Manager (16 months)
ï‚§ The MoJ had immature service acceptance processes. Engaged to lead design & delivery of new ITIL aligned processes to support current & future projects. Mapped current processes; performed gap analysis against ITIL; designed new process architecture; embedded new ITIL processes across ICT team; applied new process to existing project (£20m automated resource management roll-out); and negotiated SLA with outsourced provider within this major project. Delivered a robust process which ensured successful delivery of existing & future projects.
Halifax Bank of Scotland: Interim Management Assignment: Change Manager (6 months)
ï‚§ HBOS’ Head of change was seconded to a major project. Engaged as Interim Change Manager to provide cover during their absence. Managed a team of 8 people; led various key service improvement initiatives; represented Change Management on various complex business critical projects; and created / owned internal communications & stakeholders strategies. Succeeded in managing all BAU change management activities as well as reducing incidents caused by changes by approximately 10%.
Bank of America: Infrastructure Upgrade Programme: Change Manager (6 months)
• BoA initiated a major upgrade of their server estate & needed a formal change management process to support existing & future infrastructure changes. Engaged to design & deliver new ITIL aligned process. Mapped existing process; performed gap analysis against ITIL; designed new process architecture; piloted new cradle-to-grave process for IT asset life cycle; and educated / trained IT teams. Succeeded in delivering a new process that ensured that virtually all infrastructure changes were delivered with banking & regulatory standards.
Education Summary: EDUCATION
Training and Courses
• ITIL V2-V3 Manager’s Bridge Course London, UK March 2011
• Persuasive Negotiation Skills Course Bristol, UK Feb. 2010
• ITIL V2-V3 Foundation Bridge Course Birmingham, UK June 2009
• Global Communication Skills Training –
Working effectively Across International Cultures London, UK Oct. 2008
• ISO/IEC 20000 Auditor’s Course Wokingham, UK April 2008
• ITIL Service Support Manager’s Certificate Course London, UK March 2007
• ITIL Service Delivery Manager’s Certificate Course London, UK March 2007
• ITIL Service Management Foundation Course London, UK Dec 2005
• EMC Business Continuity for Open Systems course Boston, Mass. USA Jun 2001
• EMC Enterprise Storage Management course Boston, Mass. USA Jun 2001
• EMC Enterprise Storage foundation course Boston, Mass. USA Apr 2001
• HP-UX Systems & Network Administration – Part 1 London, UK April 2001
• 1990 Microsoft Systems Engineer Certifications plus Internet (MCSE + I)
• 2005 ISEB Foundation Certificate in Software Testing
• 2005 PRINCE2 Foundation Certificate
• 2005 ITILv2 Foundation Certified in Service Management
• 2007 ITIL v2 Manager’s Certificate in Service Management
• 2009 ITIL V2-V3 Foundation Bridge Certificate
• 2010 Risk Management Foundation Certificate.
• 2011 Management of Risks Registered Practitioner
Post Graduate Diploma in Legal Practice -LPC (Options in Company & Commercial Law) - Nottingham Law School.
LLB (Laws) University of London
BA (Hons) English, University of Ife, Nigeria