- Wandsworth, GB
- £7 /hr
- Available now
I've worked for the last 14 years in the area of digital media sales and marketing across multiple industries: travel, CPG/FMCG, entertainment, consumer electronics and telecommunications.more...I've worked for the last 14 years in the area of digital media sales and marketing across multiple industries: travel, CPG/FMCG, entertainment, consumer electronics and telecommunications. I'm particularly challenged by new areas of development starting with strategy and following through all components of implementation for publishers, agencies and advertisers.
My current focus is on digital sales and media training, sales consulting focussing on improving digital sales teams (covering custom solutions, packages, pricing, incentive schemes, coaching, customer segmentation, trade marketing and sales strategy) and finally, I am a passionate presenter and evangelizer of digital media and marketing.
Knowledge of and experience with digital marketing, online media, advertising, branding, research and e-commerce. Presentations, negotiating, partnerships, business strategy, new business development, industry growth strategies.
Area Covered: LONDON, UNITED KINGDOM
Industry: Online Media
Job Title: International Digital Marketing and Media Consultant
Description: I specialise in advising companies on 1) education & inspiration around digital marketing and media and 2) strategy relating to different local & multi/international digital sales and marketing challenges.
1. The education and inspiration covers presentations and workshops on topics from "From Web 1.0 to Web 3.0", "The Online Advertising Landscape", "Social Media", "Display & Search", "Online Creativity", "Top Sales Tips" and "Emerging Channels". This has been done for audiences ranging from small executives to international marketing managers.
2. The strategic "challenges" differ from each company. Below are 2 examples of areas I've been working in:
a) Process and strategy for building custom solutions for exclusive brand integration coupled with premium consumer experiences integrating elements.
b) Market analysis of key players and opportunities. Some examples include around social media portals, syndication opportunities & research and measurement partners
Job Title: Manager Branded Entertainment Team EMEA
Company: Microsoft (MSN)
Description: Responsible for managing a team responsible for custom advertising solutions for key strategic clients for Microsoft Digital Advertising Solutions (MDAS). The solutions involving building innovative platforms providing a mix of branding and entertainment in the form of a premium consumer experience.
Job Title: Strategic Accounts Manager
Company: MSN International
Description: I was responsible for Entertainment and CPG strategic clients on a pan-regional level for MSN EMEA. The position involved developing the strategy, evangelising the strategy, and growing the business through direct client and agency relationship building and deals.
Job Title: Business Development Manager
Description: I was responsible for digital marketing partnerships at MSN Netherlands for the two areas of FMCG (fast-moving consumer goods) and travel. In addition, I lead up an international team in 8+ countries in order to further develop the FMCG business and share best practices.
Job Title: Founder MisterTraffic
Description: Part-founder of MisterTraffic, an e-marketing entity focussing on maximising advertisers marketing objectives by integrating knowledge of digital media, channels and strategy. Mistertraffic was funded by Qi (www.qi-ideas.com) - an award-winning established interactive advertising agency.
Clients: Heinz, Heineken, Amsterdam Schiphol Airport, Bols and Ahold (Albert.nl)
• Marketing consultancy, strategic marketing, campaign management, media planning, PR, promotions, business development, business planning and budget control
• Partners incl Accenture, MSN, Lycos, OMD and Result DDB
Job Title: Head of International Product Management
Company: Recipeweb International
Description: Internet startup, Recipeweb International, was an electronic culinary content provider in 5 countries (www.recipeweb.com).
• Responsible for the Product Management team for the online and CD-rom functionalities and production
• Interfaced between the marketing, sales and IT development for the realisation of online products
• Successfully initiated and co-ordinated the redesign and relaunch of 5 re-branded websites in under 3 months
• Coordinated and prioritised website enhancements including the launch of a multifunctional online shopping list
• Guided and aligned new product development in line with business strategy, customer needs and revenue targets
• Co-ordinated the realisation of sponsored websites, such as the “Quick and Easy Cooking Channel” for Braun (Gilette)
• Managed 2 employees
Job Title: Global E-commerce Marketing Manager
Company: KLM Royal Dutch Airlines
Description: Responsibilities included preparation of marketing plans and budget, content management, brand management, promotion, market research and product development of the KLM web sites and applications on the site
Projects included a new website redesign and new user interface for the online reservation tools
Managed 2 employees
Job Title: European New Media Manager
Company: KLM Royal Dutch Airlines
Description: Held various positions looking at European and Netherlands E-commerce strategy and execution from within the sales organisation. Both global and local, B2C and B2B. The B2C role was a bridge role between local EMEA markets and HQ in order to establish and execute on E-commerce strategy and enablement. The B2B role was in the Netherlands sub, looking at a digitally enabled loyalty programme for corporate accounts using a web booking tool and corporate credit card.
Degree: Bachelor of Business Science (Honours), Deans Merit List
Field of Study: Marketing & Economics
University / College: University of Cape Town
University / College: Universiteit Twente
Digital Marketing & Sales Consultant