- London, GB
- £20 /hr
- Available now
A Highly creative fashion designer, graphic designer, illustrator with huge experience and knowledge in the apparel market. Very adaptable with a wide range of skills, Highly Ambitiousmore...A Highly creative fashion designer, graphic designer, illustrator with huge experience and knowledge in the apparel market. Very adaptable with a wide range of skills, Highly Ambitious and focused on creating great innovative products. Able to manage projects to high specifications and tight deadlines. Hugely enjoys creating concepts, extremely skilled in CAD.
• MAC literate, including Adobe CS5premium software and Microsoft office.
• Wacom tablet used for all CAD work.
• In depth knowledge of jersey-wear and woven’s.
• In depth knowledge of printing techniques including foils and flocking etc.
• In depth knowledge of surface embellishments including diamantes, sequins, metalwork.
• Knowledge of digital technologies that help create a design from beginning to end product.
• Precise Pattern cutting in 2D-3D.
• Innovative Garment construction, Jersey and woven.
• Fabric and yarn knowledge including washing and dyeing techniques, jersey and woven.
• Knowledge of accessory design including bags, belts and caps.
• Time efficient, good organisational skills, team worker and problem solver.
• Full driving license and car owner.
Area Covered: London, United Kingdom
Job Title: FASHION DESIGNER
Company: RUM KNUCKLES
Description: • Designed the apparel ranges
• Colour palettes, Theme/Mood-boards, Trend research
• Technical packs
• CAD for all styles
• Graphic design and lay out of catalogues
Job Title: Freelance Range designer
Company: KATHARINE HAMNETT
Description: Designed Spring/ Summer 2013 range.
Colour palettes, Theme/Mood-boards, Trend research
CAD for all styles
Briefing and working closely with graphic designer.
Job Title: Director
Company: Shara Hayz
Description: While on my MA I was able to explore, extensively my own creativity and realize a concept that I had envisaged for some time which involved creating futuristic fashion outfits for performers, incorporating electroluminescence (electronic lighting) and mainly working with leather. Throughout the course I experimented with different forms of digital fashion from Gerber pattern cutting, CAD work, digital printing, photography and website and film animation. This course has enabled me to use my extensive knowledge of the industry to create what I can call ‘my own work’ which can be found on www.sharahayz.com.
Job Title: Freelance designer
Company: Rum knuckles
Job Title: Senior jersey designer
Company: FENCHURCH INTERNATIONAL LTD
Description: Mainline jersey designer for all Men's and Ladies jersey products for the seasonal ranges
Special projects manager for all jersey capsule ranges for key accounts
Working with product developers and garment technologists
CAD for all styles and designs.
Creating own Graphics for jersey styles
Working with freelance graphic designer
In depth Technical packs, created on Power point
Working closely with sales managers to ensure collection is sold to its fullest potential
Job Title: Senior range designer
Company: PLAYBOY INTERNATIONAL LTD
Job Title: senior designer
Company: AMPLIFIED/INK AND PAINT
Description: • Successfully created and managed different brands to become known Streetwear labels.
• Approx 50-75 pieces (mainly jersey) per collection per brand, per season
• Managing the small department, including 1 other designer, graphics designer, general assistant and intern student
• Producing the collections from concept to final product
• Colour palettes, Theme/Moodboards, Fabric sourcing
• Logos and label development
• Fabric sourcing internationally
• Range planning, CAD for all styles
• Costing and Design specifications, including technical packs for factories
• Garment Sampling from 2D to 3D
• Briefing and working closely with in-house and freelance graphic designer
• Over seeing in-house screen printing sampling and production
• Over seeing out house sampling and production, including visiting Turkish factories and Far East factories including India, China and Hong Kong,
• Product approvals for production and shipments
• Full organisation of photo-shoots, including art direction, styling, models, and budget.
• Finalised editing of photos and overseeing postproduction.
• Full production of Look books and catalogues from layout to print proofs
• Organisation of stand at tradeshows, including BBB Barcelona/Berlin and FAO\TBC London
• Interviewed and trained personal assistant from graduate level, to assist in areas of research, sampling, specifications, production and presentation
• Involved in design and organisation and presentation of sales meeting, which included presenting new collections to all UK and European sales agents.
• Working with PR companies to maximise product awareness.
• Working closely with sales manager and agents to ensure collection is sold to its full potential and to be aware of trends and best sellers.
• Meeting very tight deadlines
Job Title: Assistant designer
Company: CHILLI PEPPER and CHILLI BABE
Description: Assisted in creating 150 piece collection per brand
Research, concepts, colour palettes, fabric sourcing, range planning
Graphic design, specification packs, working drawings on CAD, liaising with manufacturers, sample and production approvals, illustrating and presenting collection on CAD, meeting tight deadlines
Summary: London college of Fashion, Sep 10-Feb 12, MA, Digital fashion (Distinction)
London college of Fashion,
Oct 97-July 01, BA Hons, Design Technology for the fashion industry (1st class degree)
BTEC HND, Fashion design and Technology (distinction)
Hastings College of Art and Technology, Sep 94-July 97, BTEC ND, Art Foundation and A-level art,
BTEC ND Fashion design and A-level Textiles
Field of Study: DIGITAL FASHION
University / College: London College of Fashion
Degree: BA Hons
Field of Study: Design Technology for the fashion industry
University / College: London College of Fashion
Degree: Art Foundation and A-level art, BTEC ND Fashion design and A-level Textiles
University / College: Hastings College of Art and Technology
Degree: C.S.E Art
Field of Study: Mathematics, English & Science
University / College: Thomas Peacocke School
FREELANCE FASHION DESIGNER/ GRAPHICS/ILLUSTRATOR/CAD
top work. thank you very much :)
Very pleasant to work with! Highly recommended! Very responsive and meet deadlines
Very good work, she is a professional.
Shara did a great job. Good to work with Super, A pleasure to work with