- Birmingham, GB
- £15 /hr
- Available now
CIMA Qualified individual with over 4 years experience in Manufacturing, Retail and Utilities industries.
Experience within various accounting functions with a reputation formore...CIMA Qualified individual with over 4 years experience in Manufacturing, Retail and Utilities industries.
Experience within various accounting functions with a reputation for exceptional customer service.
Highly motivated and organised individual who is willing to go the extra mile.
Area Covered: Management Accounts / Internal Auditing / Commercial Accounts
Work Experience Summary: Finance Analyst at npower (present employment)
Analysing OPEX for each retail channel in correlation with volumes attained.
Challenging Channel Managers on operational results on a periodic basis.
Forecasting experience in Excel and Cognos
Involvement in various projcets and other ad-hoc work
Midlands Co-operatice Society (April 2008 - May 2011)
Joined the Society on a CIMA Graduate Programme which involved bi-annual placements in the following departments:
- Management Accountant for Travel division
- Management Accountant for Funeral Division
- Inetrnal Auditor for the Society
- Commercial Analyst
With full-time employment gained within Commercial Accounts thereafter.
- Production of the Managements Accounts for relevant divisions
- Posting of relevant prepayments and accruals every period
- Production of accurate accounts and presenting the Divisional Directors
- Resolving periodic account enquiries
- Assessing controls and processes in the system
- Production of relevant audit reports for the CEO raising any concerns in controls and appropriate recommendations
- Implementation of systems and process to improve controls
- Analysing company performance on a regular basis
- Production of period results to present to and challenge Operational Managers
- To model pre-promotional activities to determine break-even for decision making process
- Carry-out investment appraisal for appropriate capital expenditure and produce board papers as required
- Involvement in various projects including the scoping, production and implementation of the balanced scorecard, other strategic analysis required to assist in strategic decision making processes
Education Summary: BA (hons) Accounting and Finance
Workshops (including skills workshops) attended as part of CPD
Excel (including modelling)