- Mumbai, IN
- £40 /hr
- Available now
With my First Class B.E. (Electronics engineering) with more than 18 years of rich IT experience (mainly in CMC Limited), including 6 years experience in Operations Security, Vulnerabilitymore...With my First Class B.E. (Electronics engineering) with more than 18 years of rich IT experience (mainly in CMC Limited), including 6 years experience in Operations Security, Vulnerability Assessments, Security Audits and Security Policy, I would be able to serve your organisation in matters relating to information security most diligently.
The prestigious CISSP (Certified Information Systems Security Professional) certification was awarded to me by (ISC)2. This should be considered an added advantage in this direction and endorses my expertise in information security. In addition, I have successfully completed the ISO 27001:2005 Lead Auditor training conducted by DNV (Det Norske Veritas).
I have made extensive use of security tools which include Tenable Nessus 3.0.6, Nmap, Snort, Site Advisor, Tripwire, Active Ports 1.4, GFI Languard 8.0, Retina Network Security Scanner, Sam Spade, Microsoft Baseline Security Advisor (MBSA) ...
It may be noted that after, VSNL introduced internet in the country way back in 1995, I was fortunate to setup Web servers, Mail Servers, Domain Name Servers and Firewalls without any formal training. I also developed good information security policies to ensure the uptime of these servers at CMC House. All this experience has well equipped me to handle any information security challenge that your company might face.
Area Covered: CISSP, Information Security
Work Experience Summary: Experience Summary
• 18.5 years of IT Experience (mainly in CMC Limited) including 6 years experience in Operations Security, Security Policy, Security Audits and Vulnerability Assessments.
• Obtained CISSP (Certified Information Systems Security Professional) certification.
• Successfully completed the ISO 27001:2005 Lead Auditor training conducted by DNV (Det Norske Veritas). December 2009
• Detected hackers on systems while carrying out security audits and provided remedial measures.
• Experience with a large number of security tools.
• Involved in conducting Broker Audits from the information security point of view.
• Was sent on a TCS assignment to Paris as a Unix administrator.
• Was one of the early adopters of “Internet Technologies” in India. Started working on internet technologies, a few months after VSNL made it available to the public.
• Deployed Firewalls (Checkpoint Firewall-1), Web Servers (Apache, IIS), Mail Servers (Sendmail, Microsoft Exchange) and DNS (Domain Name Servers) on Sun Solaris, Red Hat Linux and Windows platforms.
• System Administrator of “Indiawatch” (A joint venture of CMC Limited, VSNL and PNC) for 4 years.
• Did programming, Software Quality Assurance and “research and development” in earlier part of career.
Education Summary: DEGREE YEAR INSTITUTE PERCENTAGE
B.E. (Electronics) June 1989 Thadomal Shahani Engineering College, University of Mumbai 66.35%
HSC March 1985 G. N. Khalsa College, Mumbai 84.17%
SSC March 1983 Our Lady of Salvation, Mumbai 80.57%
Information Security Consultant