- Royal Tunbridge Wells, GB
- £40 /hr
- Available now
I am currently doing a Masters in Journalism and working as a freelance journalist. I am willing to do a variety of written tasks, from essay writing to articles. I am also fluentmore...I am currently doing a Masters in Journalism and working as a freelance journalist. I am willing to do a variety of written tasks, from essay writing to articles. I am also fluent in Spanish and Portuguese, both spoken and written, and would be happy to do translations if required. I am committed to a high standard of work and will always put in 100% to any task I am given.
Area Covered: West Kent, Surrey, London
Work Experience Summary: Standpoint Magazine, London
- Assisted on interviews alongside the editor.
- Helped with proofreading for the March issue.
- Worked on a couple of articles for the magazine for the Counterpoints and Little Platoons sections.
The Economist, London
- Attended a weekly editorial meeting to see how things work at this publication.
- Met with several journalists to discuss the format, style and content of the newspaper in order to understand how it is put together.
URN Student Radio for Nottingham, Nottingham University
- Co-host of an afternoon show at URN Student Radio for Nottingham and a regular reporter on the evening news show.
- Assistant Station Manager at URN Student Radio for Nottingham responsible for administration and helping to co-ordinate programming.
- Joint winner of 5 Gold Awards at the Student Radio Awards 2008, including Station of the Year.
Ram FM, Derby
- Worked with the news team researching stories.
- Used the in-house editing software to prepare clips for broadcast.
- Assisted on interviews.
- Collected numerous vox-pops for use on air.
- Helped to write stories for hourly bulletins.
Production Assistant on the show Lanata PM, Radio del Plata, Buenos Aires, Argentina
- Worked as part of the production team researching and writing pieces for the daily programme.
- Made several on air appearances to discuss controversial current issues such as The Falklands.
- Co-wrote an article which appeared in the newspaper Perfil, a national newspaper in Argentina
- Worked on several investigative pieces for the radio show, which involved phone and face-to-face interviews in both Spanish and English.
- Was nominated, as part of the production team, for an award from TEA.
- Was a guest presenter on a late night satirical radio programme at Radio Nacional.
- Worked with US documentary team for Current TV to make a short documentary on fashion in Buenos Aires. Provided the subtitles for this documentary which was aired on national television in the United States.
Education Summary: Brunel University 2008-2009, MA International Journalism
- Learning news gathering, writing and production skills.
- Analysing the media from a global perspective.
- Considering the constraints on journalists and understanding the role of journalism internationally.
University of Nottingham 2004-2008
Joint Honours Hispanic Studies and History, 2:1 with distinction in spoken Spanish
- Karni Rep responsible, with others, for fundraising over £570, 000 during 2005 • 2006 through event organisation. Voted Karni Rep of the year due to charitable contributions and management.
- Hispanic Society Secretary responsible for administering the running of the society during 2005-2006.
Tonbridge Grammar School for Girls 1996-2003
GCSE 12 A/A*s
AS/A levels 4 As