- Chester, GB
- £7 /hr
- Available now
A seasoned recruitment professional with over 12 years experience in the sourcing and placing of IT and business critical personnel from junior to board level across multiple disciplinesmore...A seasoned recruitment professional with over 12 years experience in the sourcing and placing of IT and business critical personnel from junior to board level across multiple disciplines and industries. Main industries include: financial services e.g Credit Suisse, Barclays Capital, BNP Paribas, Landes, management consultancy, ecommerce, public sector, legal, transport, FMCG, utilities and defence.
Experienced in the management, training and ongoing development of teams. I have strong interpersonal and stakeholder management skills and take a pragmatic approach towards the strategic planning and operational delivery of recruitment projects. A consultative, focussed individual, who successfully adapts to change and thrives in a fast moving and challenging working environment. Working towards CIPD qualification; aware of Prince and ITIL environments.
Area Covered: Anywhere
Work Experience Summary: Professional experience
Recruitment & Resourcing Specialist
July 2003 to present day
Freelance Consultant placing IT and commercial professionals within various public and private sector clients across the UK and Europe.
• Generated new clients and maintained and developed repeat business and sole supplier agreements. Responsible for the RPO operations, account management and end to end recruitment processes in both high and low volume campaigns including competency/ behavioural based interviewing, psychometric testing where necessary and MI reporting. Experienced senior level recruiter within sensitive markets (£100k+ roles): undertaking a pragmatic approach to specific requirements (networking, headhunting etc.) maintaining confidentiality and professionalism as part of essential recruitment best practice.
• Successfully consulted on and provided bespoke recruitment solutions with company HR and recruiting managers. Provided support to all relevant divisions in training and induction matters as required as well as transitional issues.
• Proactively sourced candidates using a multitude of resources: on line, database, word of mouth, and search. Dealt with 3rd party suppliers and PSL matters.
• Ensured the service for both clients and candidates was professional, consultative and exceeded expectations.
November 2002 • June 2003
Decided to relocate back to the North West and incorporate personal break
Permanent Team Manager Action First PLC, London
May 2002 - November 2002
Action First is a leading recruitment consultancy specialising in Social Services, Education and Healthcare. My role here was essentially twofold; to further develop the IT division of the business as well as expand on the existing relationships within their specialist areas to provide a fully integrated recruitment solution to their clients.
• Reported directly to the MD
• Responsible for creating the business plan, forecasts, budgeting and weekly reporting for the IT Permanent Division
• Actively placed candidates for the division and further developed the IT database
• Responsible for teams personal development and training
• Worked closely with other divisional managers and team members, attending key account meetings and successfully generating new recruitment agreements
August 1997 • April 2002
The SThree Group is a hugely successful group of recruitment companies who provide a number of recruitment services including database search, online recruitment, major accounts and head hunting within the ICT industry as well as banking and finance, accountancy and HR.
Over the 5 ’½ years I was employed by the SThree Group, I worked for 3 of the group companies in different capacities as illustrated below:
Senior Consultant Mercer Gray, London
2001 • 2002
Mercer Gray, originally the SThree Group’s highly successful campaign/search and selection organisation, incorporated permanent IT recruitment into its portfolio of services. I joined Mercer Gray as a Senior Consultant to assist in the smooth transition into this new market, liaised with senior management, and mentored team members to ensure business growth.
• Worked alongside management and directors developing business plans, forecasts, budgets and training schedules
• Acted as mentor and advisor to team members and managers on both recruitment practices and business related issues
• Actively placed IT candidates and generated new business
Team Manager/Senior Recruitment Consultant @mg, London
1999 - 2001
@mg was one of SThree’s organically grown IT recruitment companies providing permanent and contract recruitment services to clients in the South. I was 1 of 3 individuals approached from across the group to join the new venture.
• Worked together with other managers and directors to implement the newly developed @mg business plan, create forecasts and organise all budgetary requirements
• Organise internal and external recruitment of trainee consultants and business support staff (a highly sensitive issue when recruiting internally requiring excellent stakeholder management skills)
• Comprehensive ongoing personal development, training and mentoring of team members, including the production of training materials
• Attended weekly and monthly meetings, reviewing progress reports and recommendations for improvement
• Actively placed IT candidates, generated new business and successfully entered into PSL and sole supplier agreements with clients
Recruitment Consultant Computer Futures, London
1997 • 1999
Computer Futures was the parent company of the Computer Futures Group which later became the SThree Group.
I joined as a trainee and within 1 year built one of the most successful and lucrative markets across the group of companies.
• Created a market leading technology desk’ recruiting for the PICK, Powerhouse, PROIV and MUMPS/QUASAR markets, billing £287,000 in year 1.
• Attended client meetings establishing long term relationships, PSL and sole supplier agreements
• Interviewed candidates face to face and consulted on interview techniques and issues
• Worked with the team contributing to group and departmental targets (our team won numerous competitions, trips and accolades)
• Recruited, trained and mentored new consultants
• Successfully worked alongside contract recruitment counterparts to develop stronger client and candidate relationships and provide a total recruitment solution tailored to specific needs
• Designated team member and consultant for the rollout of new companywide candidate/client database (EzAccess)
Ad Sales Executive Centaur Publications, London
1996 • 1997
Employee Benefits Magazine was Centaurs’ new publication offering the who’s who’ in benefit providers and the strategies available for benefit managers and human resource professionals in organisations.
• Generated a highly successful list of paid advertisers for the hard copy magazine by phone
• Created and maintained a growing database of both benefit providers and end clients who both advertised or ordered the magazine
• Negotiated rates, promotions and renewals
• Mentored ad sales trainees as sales went from strength to strength
Linklaters Paralegal, London
1996 (6 month temporary position)
Linklaters Solicitors are a global law firm who primarily act as advisors to leading organisations and financial institutions. I was employed as a Paralegal on the BT/MCI takeover.
• Worked in organised teams checking all documents relating to the takeover
• Worked 12 hours shifts based on a 24 hour team operation
• Ad-hoc work for solicitors and partners
Deloittes International Marketing Executive, London 1996 (3 month temporary position + extension)
Deloittes provide audit, consulting, financial advisory, risk management and tax services to clients worldwide. I was the international representative handling all marketing materials during the Touche Ross/Deloitte and Touche change over.
• Managed all materials online or hard copy requests and their prompt delivery internationally
• Organised all ordering, processed requests and adhered to strict deadlines
• Dealt at senior levels both internal employees and external clients
• As sole point of contact I maintained a highly organised, efficient desk, working hours necessary to ensure successful delivery of all marketing projects
Carnival Cruise Lines Croupier, Miami
1993 - 1995
Completed 3 contracts with Carnival Cruise Lines as a Croupier. Trained on board in blackjack, poker and roulette and cruised the East and West Caribbean: Miami, Mexico, Grand Cayman, Jamaica, Puerto Rico, St Thomas, and St Maarten.
Before attending The College of Law, Chester.
D.O.B: 21.04 1971
Marital Status: Engaged, no dependents
Education Summary: Summary of Qualifications:
1995 • 1996 Legal Practice Course • College of Law, Chester
1990 • 1993 BA (Hons) Law and Business Administration, Leicester University
1988 • 1990 BTEC National Diploma Business and Finance, Southport College
1987 • 6 O Levels
Recruitment/Resourcing/Sourcing/Talent Pool Specialist