- City of London, GB
- £7 /hr
- Available now
I currently work as a Legal Secretary specialising in residential property. I have strong general admin and typing skills, together with over ten years of property experiencemore...I currently work as a Legal Secretary specialising in residential property. I have strong general admin and typing skills, together with over ten years of property experience (to include lettings, conveyancing, commercial property sales and acquisitions, large scale employee relocation and lease management).
I have experience in proof reading, producing and formatting reports and presentations, as well as very accurate audio and copy typing speeds of between 75 - 100 wpm.
I am due to beginning maternity leave in July 2011 and have joined odesk.com in order to supplement my salary while on leave.
Area Covered: Admin/Secretarial
Summary: I am a highly efficient, organised and ambitious person who works well under pressure. I have good knowledge of several disciplines in the field of property, and nearly ten years’ experience in property-based roles, legal and otherwise.
I am an excellent administrator and a very accurate typist with audio and copy typing speeds of 80 - 100 wpm.
Job Title: Legal Secretary (Residential Real Estate
Company: Stevens and Bolton LLP
Description: I am currently employed in the Residential Real Estate Department of this Guildford based law firm.
* Responsible for all administration for two Senior Associates working on a job share basis, dealing with all correspondence including emails, letters, and faxes and preparation of all documentation.
* Maintaining individual diaries.
* Responsible for drafting and administration in respect of Stamp Duty Land Tax Returns.
* Dealing with clients, agents, solicitors and managing agents in correspondence and by telephone.
* Occasionally required to meet face to face with clients in order to carry out money laundering checks or witness documents.
* Responsible for drafting post completion work including financial transaction slips.
* Able to manage exchange and completion work on behalf of acting solicitor.
* Responsible for own time management and work load.
* Responsible for carrying out residential local authority, chancel, highways, water and drainage and environmental property searches online (using the TM Argyll website) and by telephone.
* Responsible for drafting Home Information Packs (when mandatory).
Job Title: Dilapidations Manager
Company: Go Native Limited
Description: * Responsible for all negotiation on dilapidations claims working on behalf of the Tenant, comparing check in and check out reports to assess claims and offer settlement.
* Also responsible (as main area of work) for negotiating tenancy renewals, drawing up all associated paperwork and updating database with new tenancy details.
* Responsible for updating a database with settled claim details in order to report back to the client.
* Responsible for managing own archive system.
* Responsible for drawing up cheque requisitions to arrange settlement.
* Responsible for own tracking of work and diarising tasks to follow up.
* Editor of the company internal newsletter.
* Also responsible for lease management duties to cover holidays and busy periods including management of a new Lease Management Assistant.
Education Summary: I have three A-Levels in English, Sociology and Theatre Studies.
I also have a 2-1 Degree in English (BA Hons) from The University of Greenwich (graduated 2000).
Admin/Secretarial/Data Entry Specialist