- Harrow, GB
- £20 /hr
- Available now
• Routing: RIP, EIGRP, OSPF, BGP, MPLS circuits over Routed Protocols on Cisco IOS (800, 1800, 2600, 2800, 3800)
• Switching: L3 and L2, STP, VLAN, VTP and LAN segregation onmore...• Routing: RIP, EIGRP, OSPF, BGP, MPLS circuits over Routed Protocols on Cisco IOS (800, 1800, 2600, 2800, 3800)
• Switching: L3 and L2, STP, VLAN, VTP and LAN segregation on Cisco Catalyst (2900, 3700, 4500, 6500), 3Com, HP etc
• Security: Firewalls (Cisco, Juniper, Checkpoint), IPSec/SSL VPN, Access/Change control, NAT, PAT, RADIUS and TACACS+
• IP Architecture • TCP,IP, DNS, DHCP, WINS, Logical, physical and Wireless LAN’s (Cisco Aironet)
• WAN: Optimisation (Riverhead), ISDN, ATM, Frame Relay, Leased Circuits, xDSL
• Telecom: xDSL/LLU, VoIP, BT Eco, Avaya and Blackberry Enterprise Server
• Monitoring: Microsoft CCM and COM, SNMP derived IP Monitor, PRTG Grapher and Nagios.
• Systems: IBM, Dell and HP Servers and Workstations on Win XP, Vista, Server (2000, 2003), Virtual (Win 2005, VMWare) and Linux(Solaris, Red Hat, Fedora)
• Systems Mgmt: Microsoft Exchange, Active Directory, Data Backup (CommVault, Backup Exec, NT)
• Data Protection: AV (Symantec, McAfee, ISS), Filtering(Blue Coat, Sophos, Message Labs, Mimesweeper), PGP
• Services: End user application, operating environment and desktop support.
Area Covered: London, Greater London, Hertfordshire, Middlesex
Work Experience Summary: IT Contractor (Network & Information Security Engineer ) at Bank of America
• I am in charge of the multisite network (Routing, Switching, Data Security and Wireless) at Loans.co.uk, a retail/capital loans venture division of Bank of America. I execute systems administration duties as necessary.
• Hands-On work managing and redesigning LAN, Wireless LAN and WAN architecture to improve scalability and resilience, eliminating performance bottlenecks; Aggressive network, IPS and IDS monitoring
• Manage Cisco PIX, ASA, Sonicwall and Juniper Firewalls, all 3rd Party connectivity, data security policies and VPN (L2L and Client-Site) links from Firewalls (Checkpoint for all Bank of America core)
• Support developers for application rollouts; resolve 2nd and 3rd line calls on IT service desk.
• Pro-actively work on projects to align technology to BAC standards and protocols; assist in business continuity planning, auditing, and risk management, as well as contract and vendor negotiation
• Produce and update technical documentation for organisational and management purposes.
• Ensure network standards comply with FSA, FISA, ITIL and resolve issues within agreed SLA and OLA.
Information Systems Engineer (Infrastructure and Networks) at Civica
November 2007 - June 2008
• I was a multisite IS systems engineer within a team of remotely knit IT management offices that supported an infrastructure spread across 12 sites run by 150+ servers used by 750+ workstations.
• Individually manage LAN and WAN on 3+ sites including routing and switching on Cisco, Netgear, 3Com equipment.
• DELL, IBM, HP Workstation and Server (HW and SW) deployment and multisite hardware asset management. Maintain and support Desktops, Servers, Active Directory, Exchange 2003 over Mimesweeper, CommVault, Symantec
• Corporate AV and Websense filtering systems in order to meet secure network operational standards.
• Implement and update security policies on Juniper and Cisco Firewalls and Cisco VPN Concentrators for multivendor VPN/RAS connections that enable staff to support clients including 85% UK government councils.
• High end customer interaction with technical and non-technical staff and clients; develop IT resolutions SharePoint knowledge base.
Functional Specialist at BT
December 2006 - November 2007
• Provide technical consultancy to teams of 1st/2nd line BT Broadband and VoIP support analysts aiming to resolve high level complaints from chairman’s office complying to SLA’s.
• As a Tier 1 Manager take ownership and promptly resolve escalated complaints, create and implement core fault solution plans, coordinate with external repair engineers from BT ITSM, Openreach and Wholesale.
• Support BT Retail technical and support staff to resolve PSTN coupled Broadband faults.
• 3rd line technical support for configuring complex ADSL/Ethernet based products including port forwarding, DMZ and wired/wireless LAN’s on BT, Netgear, D-Link, Belkin, Linksys and most other brands of CPE.
• Resolve complaints using Citrix GTA applications, use Siebel’® based CRM applications to escalate, manage, support and maintain client accounts.
Technical Pre-Sales Advisor at O2 UK
September 2005 - December 2006
• Key Performance Indicator based product sales, covering cellular voice and data services on GPRS and 3G Networks.
• Technical staff training specialising in Blackberry/Windows Mobile based products and services.
• Possess sound knowledge of the product portfolio and sell appropriate products and services to meet client requirements.
• Install and configure communication software and applications on client IT systems.
• Help train new recruits, assist them in completing their CBT programs, help upgrading in store merchandising and perform duty manager activities on weekends.
Education Summary: Education
• Currently studying CCNP, JNCIS and Cisco Voice/IPT.
• Cisco Certified Firewall Specialist
• Cisco Certified Network Associate
• Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator
King's College London, University of London
B.Eng (Hons) 2:1, Computer Systems and Electronics Engineering, 2003 - 2006
A-Level (300 UCAS points) in Mathematics, Computer Science and Chemistry, 2000 - 2002
• Associate Level (British Computer Society, IET/IEEE and Royal Academy of Engineering)
• UK Senior Maths Challenge, ANSI C Programming and Macromedia Flash Designer.
Network, Information Security and Systems Engineer