- Wilsford, GB
- £7 /hr
- Available now
Full-service editorial professional with proven track record in proofreading, sub-editing, copy editing, desk-top publishing (QuarkXpress and InDesign), journalism, copy writingmore...Full-service editorial professional with proven track record in proofreading, sub-editing, copy editing, desk-top publishing (QuarkXpress and InDesign), journalism, copy writing and project management.
* Analysis of statistics and survey report writing for recruitment consultancy
* Proofreading a management development book
* Updating and editing web copy originating from Australia for a UK readership
* Re-writing technical jargon for a well-known high street electrical retailer
* Proofreading research reports for government and third sector projects
* Designing (using InDesign), commissioning and editing two new in-house magazines for a respected professional services consultancy
* Feature writing for an established business-to-business magazine
* Launching (including market research, design, securing advertising and publishing) a brand-new magazine
Area Covered: UK and international
Company Name: BoHo Communications
Work Experience Summary: Established and versatile writer whose work regularly appears in journals, business-to-business publications, online, in local magazines and mail-order catalogues.
Proven project management skills based on in-depth practical knowledge and understanding of the publishing process.
Excellent interpersonal skills.
Education Summary: Writing and Editing for the Web (The Publishing Training Centre, 2003)
Copy Editing Skills (The Publishing Training Centre, 1999)
BA (Hons) English & Philosophy
Brilliant - Thanks for all your good work.
Ruth did a remarkable job for us, turning urgent proofreading of a book around very quickly and highly professionally. We are delighted with her work and hope to work with her again very soon!