- Dublin, IE
- £50 /hr
- Available now
Now looking for interesting opportunities
Head of Security and Research at Global Organisation. Includes physical security, cyber-security, risk management.
A background in international affairs, politics and security.more...Head of Security and Research at Global Organisation. Includes physical security, cyber-security, risk management.
A background in international affairs, politics and security. Working as Head of Security and Research for an international human rights charity, since its setup in 2008. Hails from Dublin, currently in London, has lived and worked in the Middle East, Sub-Saharan Africa and Central Europe.
• Primary role in establishment of the world’s leading charity in the safe and effective use of video in human rights.
• Flexibly conducted a very wide variety of duties, particularly during the initial start-up phase of the organisation, such as coordinating with branding, accounting, legal, I.T and website contractors, writing the employee handbook, setting up HQ and regional office, hiring new staff etc.
• Routinely provided specialist security and research advice to both partners in the human rights/humanitarian world and also other interested parties.
Research & Development
• Developed and ran the organisations innovative research methodology including the first use by an NGO of a number of tools and methodologies previously only used by intelligence organisations.
• Responsible for final process of forensic examination, authentication and secure release of any outgoing footage and information. Resultant footage is used on a daily basis in forums ranging from local radio to the BBC, CNN and the White House National Security Council.
Security Training & Operations
• Developed and implemented detailed risk analysis and mitigation plans for each area of operation
• Identified the need for, developed and taught a thirty-six stage security and operations training course. Have delivered this course to hundreds of human rights defenders in a range of countries. The course covers areas such as communication, operational, personal and organisational security and includes topics as varied as the use of encryption, filming, operations planning and surveillance awareness.
• Provided strategic/operational/tactical analysis of events for both security and operational purposes on the ground in current and future countries of operation.
• Responsible for the on-going monitoring of emerging physical and cyber-security threats. Including the development and incorporation of security tools, training and standards.
Physical/Travel Security Advisor, Geopolitical Researcher, Cyber-security advisor, Ethical Hacker