- Cambridge, GB
- £15 /hr
- Available now
I have a background in financial services where I have worked as a business analyst, investment/portfolio analyst and systems developer specialising in excel.
I am able tomore...I have a background in financial services where I have worked as a business analyst, investment/portfolio analyst and systems developer specialising in excel.
I am able to offer advanced MI analysis based on my outstanding analytical ability.
I can also offer extremely high level excel skills, particularly in the consolidation of MI and the automation of its analysis. Skills include creation of pivot tables, v and h lookups, use of complex if statements, concatenations, editing permissions, conditional formatting, excel based reports etc.
My final area of expertise is in investment analysis with a particular focus on fund and structured product analytics. I have a strong track record in helping clients improve investment gains while reducing volatility through employing a quantitative approach to fund management which appraises relative and absolute fund performance alongside a host of specialist financial analytic performance indicators.
Area Covered: London, UK
Work Experience Summary: Investments & Protection Division • Lloyds Banking Group
• Compiled and verified MI using excel for the L-Day dashboard, a key oversight component of the £50+ million pound Lloyds integration program.
• Designed weekly and monthly reports using excel, reports were used by key senior stakeholders including the head of retail bancassurance.
• Managed conditional formatting to ensure it continued to accurately represent changing targets.
• Managed report sheet to include additional MI as requirements changed.
• Managed access controls to ensure ongoing integrity of spreadsheets.
• Managed sharepoint site for the MI, ensuring spreadsheets were archived and maintained effectively.
• Developed an inflation linked product proposal.
• Developed a product proposal that could potentially raise over £25 million AUM.
• Analysed the impact of `Best Case/Worst Case’ scenarios from a financial standpoint.
• The analysis conducted required extensive usage of Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Access.
• Use of excel whatif analysis to provide sensitivity modeling.
• Extensive use of pivot tables to effectively cut dataset to meet modeling requirements.
• Presented findings to Head of Investments.
• Investigated protection complaint root causes to meet FSA requirements.
• Worked with key senior stakeholders including Head of Customer Experience to investigate and analyse complaints.
• Identified over £5 million of potential savings in the complaints handling process.
• Used excel to statistically model complaints to financial advisors and recognize abnormal trends.
• Extensive use of v and h lookups to identify individual advisors as they appeared across multiple disparate databases.
• Developed a unique excel tool employing complex if statements to recognize advisors regardless of whether their name was abbreviated and/or middle names were missing.
• Compiled a detailed investigation into Scottish Widows investment performance and presented findings directly to the head of investments.
• Extensive use of excel to analyze Scottish Widows funds relative to their peers.
• Extensive use of complex formulas to calculate complex analytical measures including sharpe’s ratio, traynor ratio, r squared ratio etc.
• Extensive use of v lookups to identify funds with similar asset allocations.
• Extensive use of search filters and if statements to eliminate anomaly funds from the dataset.
January 2009- June 2010
Excel Developer • Constanta Capital Management
• Developed an excel spreadsheet to aid in the compilation and analysis of customer MI.
• Required an extremely methodical approach to develop a spreadsheet that contained a substantial range of MI while remaining wieldy enough to use effectively.
• Developed a system to periodically archive dataset.
• Use of v lookups to import customer data from several disparate databases.
• Use of text to columns functions combined with if statements to create a universal format for customer names.
• Developed an excel report frontend to create monthly reports on customer trends.
• Worked as part of a team developing an excel spreadsheet to monitor investment risk.
• Required to identify and incorporate Key Risk Indicators (KRI) into the spreadsheet in order to effectively monitor investment manager risk.
• Again extensive use of v lookups was required to merge multiple disparate datasets into a common excel spreadsheet.
• Extensive use of pivot tables to create effective reports identifying high risk advisors.
• Use of access permissions and passwords to protect integrity of MI.
Education Summary: London School of Economics and Political Science
MI/Business/Investment Analyst - Excel Specialist