- Worcester, GB
- £50 /hr
- Available now
We deliver practical advice that works resulting in sustainable business improvement and improved profitability. We specialise in working with businesses committed to improvingmore...We deliver practical advice that works resulting in sustainable business improvement and improved profitability. We specialise in working with businesses committed to improving their efficiency and productivity who want to deliver measurable results.
Our approach is simple, we agree with you what needs to be done, complete any research or investigation necessary, agree an action plan with you and project manage the implementation to achieve the agreed results. Where new processes or systems are introduced, we provide an effective approach to communication, training and deployment.
We have a track record in delivering practical solutions for companies requiring:
* Strategic and operational business advice
* Sales and Marketing support
* Employment and Human Resources support
* Project and change management
* Facilitation, coaching and training
* Business process improvement
* Organisational design and implementation
* Business analysis and modeling
* Procurement and supplier relationship consultancy
* Credit management and collection services
Whether the changes required are in your existing practices, such as procurement or credit management, or in the way your business is organised, managed and lead, our team of seasoned professionals give you the help that you need.
Working either individually or in a small team, we blend for you the right combination of specialists for the work in hand. If we need to, we call on our extended team of pre-vetted independent consultants / interim managers so that you can concentrate on your core business and get on with delivering results
PERSONAL PROFILE - PROFESSIONAL CAPABILITY
Change Management and Business Process Development:
I assist clients formulate and implement structural and cultural change, develop strategies through research and analysis, continuously improve performance at all levels within their businesses, maximise the use of resources and improve efficiency; to improve service delivery and customer satisfaction.
Assist clients measure and improve their services. Develop and implement meaningful business performance measurements and lead initiatives to refocus activity and deliver performance improvements. Has worked with public sector organisations to deliver performance and efficiency improvements by stream-lining business performance and developing and implementing effective management reporting systems.
A PRINCE2 Practitioner, with over fifteen years Project Management experience of implementing change in complex, multi-organisational change programmes in a variety of both private and public sector organisations
Training and Facilitation:
Specialises in providing performance and outcome based coaching with junior through to executive managers assisting them to achieve their business targets and objectives. Facilitates the review of operational and team performance. Creates and delivers workshops which involve programme stakeholders in redefining their strategic priorities and To-Be service delivery models.
Specialises in working with businesses to help them achieve nationally recognised quality accreditation awards.
Area Covered: Worcetershire, Herefordshire, Gloucestershire, West Midlands, Warwickshire, Oxfordshire, Wiltshire, Somerset, Shropshire, South Wales
Company Name: Chrysalis Performance Limited
Work Experience Summary: RELEVANT EMPLOYMENT HISTORY
Indialink Enterprises - June 2009 to Present
- Leading review of Business Improvement activities to refocus their efforts on ensuring they are accessing the most cost effective quality suppliers from India.
- Created As-Is and To-Be process maps to create shared understanding and consistency of process with Indialink and its principle contractors
- Identified the individual and organisational competences required and facilitated a change programme
- Realigned the scorecard measures, achieved management buy-in and project managed their implementation
HR in Action 2008 - Present
Responsible for Organisational Development (OD), of a new group set up to provide HR services to SME\'s via the Hereford & Worcester Chamber of Commerce with responsibility for planning, mapping and implementing business processes including; resourcing, reward and recognition, building capability, managing performance, culture and client engagement.
Bromsgrove District Council - December 1999 - May 2007
Director of Culture and Community Services responsible for the management, development, continuous improvement and financial performance of the department.
- Developed and implemented policies related to the management of \'change.
- Engaged on a major transformation programme within the department to deliver continuous improvement and new structures that maximised the use of resources and improved efficiency delivering benefits amounting to in excess of Â£1m as a result of its implementation.
o Developing support processes for the implementation, specifically the service delivery of management information for internal use and external stakeholders
o Through participative workshops, prepared As-Is and To-Be Business Processes for all performance management reporting in the organisation. The Design enabled the development and delivery of the new Reporting Service, for tracking business performance and service delivery, spanning financial and non-financial areas. Core processes were documented using Visio.
o Responsible for organisation design and role mapping of the Services functions and re-engineering the department planning processes
o Development of collateral which could be used on similar projects and a toolkit for the Council to adopt for future transformation programmes
- Continuously improved performance at all levels within the department
- Responsible for reviewing and improving business processes within the department.
- Produced a strategic overview and objectives for Culture and Leisure including the initiation and implementation of specific strategies for the Arts, Museums, Parks and Open Spaces, Playing Pitches, Sport and Tourism. These strategies included the assessment of future facility and service requirements
- Successfully initiated, planned and projected managed the building of a new Arts Centre, a new Customer Service Centre and the phase 1 refurbishment of the Council\'s main Sports Centre
- Successfully initiated planned and project managed the setting up of a Charitable Trust to operate and manage the new Arts Centre.
- Successfully initiated planned and implemented a playing fields strategy for Bromsgrove and Worcestershire.
Bath & North East Somerset Council - April 1996 to October 1999
Head of Leisure and Operational Support Services responsible for the management, development, continuous improvement and financial performance of the division.
- Responsible for the management, development and continuous improvement of the division which included; Car Parking, Leisure Services, Refuse, Street Cleansing, Waste Management and the development of a Customer Call Centre.
- Programme Manager for Organisational Development (OD), with responsibility for planning and implementing transformation in organisational design, resourcing, building capability, managing performance, culture and employee engagement. Specific achievements include:
o Prepared Stakeholder Communications, including impact assessments, decision support papers and transition resource plans.
o Provided both detailed and high level illustrations for all levels in the organisation, using Visio formatted process diagrams and gant charts
o Created a robust OD programme plan, integrated with other Transformation programme plans
- Responsible for leading and controlling major projects e.g.: - the development of the sports training village at the University of Bath, the redevelopment and refurbishment of a major sports facility, the development and implementation of Heritage Lottery bids for the Council\'s Parks.
- Achieved International and National recognition for Bath & N.E. Somerset through the development and implementation of successful improvement policies and strategies for Leisure.
- Introduced performance reviews, development and training programmes for managers and staff linked to the achievement of business and operational objectives and the ongoing improvement of the service.
Bath City Council - 1989 to April 1996
Deputy Director Leisure, Tourism & Economic Development responsible for the management, development, continuous improvement and financial performance of the department.
- Produced a strategic overview and objectives for Leisure, including the initiation of specific strategies for the Arts, Parks and Open Spaces, Playing Pitches and Sport
- Initiated, planned and successfully led the Division\'s bid for Investors in People accreditation.
- Responsible for the management, development and ongoing improvement of Leisure Services
- Responsible for reviewing and improving business processes within Leisure Services.
- Initiated, planned and lead the Council\'s bid and subsequent involvement in hosting a highly successful European Youth Olympic Days in July 1995, this being only the third time an Olympic event of any description had taken place in Britain.
- Initiated, planned and negotiated a series of major outdoor concerts involving Jose Carreras and Dame Kiri Te Kanawa.
- Planned and implemented a successful take-over of the Council\'s leisure facilities following the liquidation of the \'private\' contractor.
London Borough of Ealing - 1980 - 1989
Principal Recreation Manager - 1984 - 1989
Responsible for strategic management development and continuous improvement of the Leisure and Recreation section including - Sports Development, Marketing, Special Events, Indoor and Outdoor Leisure Facilities, Halls Management, Catering and Management Development.
Manager Gurnell Leisure Centre and Dormers Wells Sports Centre - 1980 - 1984
Responsible for the management, development, continuous improvement and financial performance of the facilities.
Education Summary: Qualifications
Diploma in Management Studies
Accredited Business Advisor (A.Inst IIB)
Institute of Sports and Recreation Management Diploma
Prince2 Registered Practitioner (P2R/339731)
Competent on all Microsoft Office Applications and Process Mapping Software (Visio and Nimbus)
Membership of Institutions
Member of the Institute of Directors
Executive Associate of the Institute for Independent Business
Fellow of the Institute of Sports and Recreation Management
Member of the Institute of Sport and Recreation Management Professional Standards and Educational Development Board.
Member of the Federation of Small Businesses (FSB) Worcestershire Committee
Director, General Manager, Project Manager