- Plymouth, GB
- £15 /hr
- Available now
I provide marketing and communication/public relations expertise, with a wide portfolio working on both non-profit organizations and corporatations. Services include: copy-writing,more...I provide marketing and communication/public relations expertise, with a wide portfolio working on both non-profit organizations and corporatations. Services include: copy-writing, editing and desktop publishing/design services for both print and web; brochure/newsletter design and layout; article writing; complete communication plans for product/service launch; press releases; media relations plans; crisis communications plans; market and competitor research; SEO; excellent English skills.
Area Covered: UK, Spain, Gibraltar
Work Experience Summary: Work Experience
My role as Project Manager at PartyGaming provided me with a broad overview working in one of the leading online gaming companies. The role entailed managing entire promotional projects, from conception, development to launch in all brands, including poker, casino and bingo. Liaising with the player marketing, product, creative and tech teams, I managed all aspects of a promotion, including pre-analysis, promotion design, creative concept and copy editing, technical logistics, and post-analysis.
Optimum PUblic Relations/Cossette Communications
My role as Account Manager in one of Canada’s premier advertising agencies provided the opportunity to work with several multinational corporations such as Alcan Inc. and Bell, and on a variety of strategic initiatives dealing with internal communications, stakeholder relations, community relations and corporate social responsibility initiatives.
Highlights of current initiatives include Alcan’s platform of corporate sustainability • a three fold global program that includes the Alcan Prize for Sustainability, a $1 Million annual prize now in its 3rd year, Alcan Builds on Recycling, a partnership with Habitat for Humanity Canada, and the 30+ Network, a forum on building sustainable communities.
- Employee engagement planning;
- Intercultural issues management;
- Internal newsletters; and
- Stakeholder communications.
- Direct mail campaigns;
- Event planning, coordination and management; and
- Project management
Communications OFFICER (1-yr contract)
BC Association for Community living
My role was to design and develop a new initiative to start a new era of collaboration between a provincial organization and 16 affiliates, serving people with developmental disabilities in the British Columbia (Canada).
Community Relations/PR Strategies/Marketing
- Establish guidelines for communication between provincial office and affiliates;
- Build a successful partnership between provincial office and affiliates;
- Build a provincial communications and marketing campaign;
- Develop a budget and deliverables guideline for each affiliate member;
- Launch and manage content of a monthly newsletter;
- Launch the website;
- Develop a direct mail campaign targeting donors and supporters;
- Manage day-to-day activities between the head office and affiliates;
Manager, Public Relations
BehringeR Spezielle Studiotechnick GmbH, WILLICH, GERMANY
My key responsibilities were to promote new and existing products and garner positive product reviews, to identify new media in UK and Asia, to develop a comprehensive corporate crisis communications plan and a preliminary investor relations plan.
- Manage department budgetary and reporting requirements;
- Produce artist/user news briefs and sponsorship proposals;
- Manage internal communications, ensuring conformity to PR principles;
- Develop a corporate crisis communications plan;
- Coordinate PR activities and materials pertaining to trade shows and press conferences; and
- Responsible for media relations pertaining to BEHRINGER product line in the UK, Australia, Canada, Middle East and Asia.
Multiple Sclerosis Society of Canada, BC Division, Vancouver, BC
As the leader of the Communications Department, I was responsible for marketing our programs and services to our members and donors, tracking the success of our fundraising and direct mail campaigns, as well as communicating with stakeholders, government and media. In addition, I was the key contact between our National head office and our provincial Chapter offices. The Communications role was integral to ensuring brand conformity, unity in key messages, as well as interdepartmental communications and issues management.
Marketing and Brand Development
- Promotion and marketing of programs, services, and events;
- Newsletter, brochure, and website content and production management;
- Direct mail campaign management and evaluation; and
- Management of organization’s brand and reputation.
- Intranet Steering Committee, which oversaw the concept design, implementation, launch and promotion of the organization’s Intranet; and
- Develop guidelines and manuals for Chapter Communications staff and volunteers.
External and Internal Communications
- Develop strategic communications plan with the membership, staff, volunteers, donors, media and affiliated agencies of the Society;
- Government and Donor relations;
- Manage BC-wide media relations, working closely with reporters on information pieces and features to promote the organization;
- Manage all press-related PR activities and materials including press releases, special events, interviews, research news and press kits;
- Liaison between Division office and Chapter offices;
- Interdepartmental communication and employee relations.
Marketing & Client Relations
SIMTEC Simulation Software, Grand Rapids, Michigan
Marketing Communications and Client Support
- Re-design of marketing brochures
- Website management • complete redesign of website design and content.
- Organization of tradeshow and conference displays and presentations
Education Summary: Master of Arts, Professional Communications, with a specialization in Intercultural and International Communications
Marketing and Public Relations Consultant