- Longmont, CO, US
- $50 /hr
- Available now
Currently working to become an expert in everything Hadoop, Big Data Analytics (and Spark).
This is built on 20+ years in the software industry primarily on the IT/programmingmore...Currently working to become an expert in everything Hadoop, Big Data Analytics (and Spark).
- Passion for seeing others succeed at all levels: Co-workers, Company/Business or Clients.
- Love for the learning environment and exploring new things.
- Joy for problem-solving and getting lost in 'the puzzle'.
- Flexible, able to wear many hats after 20+ years in software development, support (tier I to III), distribution and sales working with everything from single person operations to companies of 10,000+.
+Some favorite experiences from over the years.
- Teaching and interacting with people in learning environments.
- Converting complex technical processes with multiple steps and references into usable tools (lowering user errors and increasing business potentials) via designing back-end processes, builds and deployment platforms.
+Favorite positions (examples):
- Working with an automated software deployment application for builds which included 100+ end deployment configurations, a 30+ minute process with high error, to low error, under 5 minutes and high visibility.
- Sales and internal tools, generating profit, $300K gross for the company per year while building back-end sales tools cutting process time of 6 steps to 1 (from 10 minutes per order to less than 30 seconds) and the error probability by 30%+. Creating database ease of access of 1 click from what was 5 clicks and different windows/apps..
- Teaching (Assistant Global Instructor) to help other succeed in the business and IT industry and have always loved teaching in the form of coaching (on the side) Tai Kwan Do and, before that, Gymnastics.