- Eccleshall, GB
- £20 /hr
- Available now
The “written word” has been used as a powerful tool for centuries. Today the laptop may have replaced the quill; our vocabulary may have changed in its meaning; but the messagemore...
The “written word” has been used as a powerful tool for centuries. Today the laptop may have replaced the quill; our vocabulary may have changed in its meaning; but the message still remains the same.
Words are essential if we are to communicate effectively.
And that is what we at Snappy Copy’ do; we assist businesses to communicate effectively. We advise them on how to use the “written word” to their commercial advantage.
Our clients benefit from the following services:
- “Catchy” slogans to support their logos
- Eye-catching advertising copy
- Informative marketing brochures
- Sales letters
- Direct mail campaigns
Feature Writing & Promotional Writing
- Interesting feature articles about organisations; their products and services
- Regularly up-dated newsletters
- Targeted press releases
- Speech-writing assistance
Proofreading & Copy-Editing
- The checking-over of existing copy
- The correction of any spelling mistakes or grammatical errors
- Suggestions of ways in which content, vocabulary or grammar could be improved upon
Area Covered: United Kingdom, International
Work Experience Summary: Freelance Reviewer
03/01/2008 • to date
• Regularly review gigs, concerts, comedy acts and plays for Staffordshire’s largest local paper.
Freelance Internet Researcher
16/11/2006 • to date
• Bid for academic topics to research on Information Management, Journalism or Copywriting.
• Write detailed reports of my findings.
• Ensure all reports are indexed and referenced in the correct manner.
Director / Copywriter
01/04/2006 • to date
'Snappy Copy' (Eccleshall, Staffordshire)
• Snappy Copy provides copywriting, website re-writing, copy-editing, proofreading and PR services.
• Snappy Copy outsources a small community of editorial freelancers to UK industry.
• Instigated the idea of Snappy Copy’ and managed the process from initial business planning through to conceptualisation.
• Major clients have been within the environmental sector and this has become a Snappy Copy specialism. Other clients have included motor manufacturers, publishers, national fast-food restaurants, MP4 distributors, web-design and media agencies.
• Regularly attended networking meetings and left with either new clients or new contracts from on average 90% of these meetings.
• Ran the business with the support of the “Prince of Wales Trust”.
• Delivered detailed PowerPoint presentations about Snappy Copy to prospective clients to promote the business and win new contracts.
• Delivered detailed PowerPoint presentations to members of the “Prince of Wales Trust” to indicate the progress of the business, to show them how their loan had been spent and to forecast future turnover.
• Lectured to twenty-five students at a time at Staffordshire University on the pros and cons of running a business.
Freelance Editorial Assistant
23/10/2005 - 21/03/2006
• Wrote exciting, refreshing and informative copy on topical issues for bi-monthly University newsletters.
• Proofread and edited educational, medical and legal documents.
• Successfully completed a six-week university accredited indexing qualification.
• Indexed educational, medical and legal documents.
• Researched competitors, recorded useful information and produced a comprehensive package of spreadsheets and databases to help the publishing company to grow its business.
• Advised on potential advertising and marketing opportunities.
07/09/2005 - 21/10/2005
• Contract role to provide support to the Account Manager, Production Manager and Producer.
• Organised two internal communications events for two large UK clients. Both events housed 500 attendees and incorporated a fashion show, presentations and required the involvement of an 85-strong crew.
• Produced corporate DVDs and promotional short films for clients’ internal marketing campaigns.
• Responsibility for booking crews, accommodation, equipment and transport for the shoots.
• Worked as a Runner, Researcher and Camera Assistant on shoot days.
• Was responsible for liaison with venues, clearance, travel arrangements and the purchasing of props for shoot days.
Education Summary: • BBC “New Talent” scheme.
Researched, compiled and completed a piece for Radio Stoke, which was aired.
• BBC “New Talent” scheme.
Invited back as one of the six finalists in the scheme. Produced a second piece for Radio Stoke which was then aired at drive time'.
Copywiter / feature writer / proofreader / copy-editor