- Berlin, DE
- £40 /hr
- Available now
• Communications specialist with a strong track record for devising and driving innovative, issues-led campaigns which achieve major media coverage
• Experience in compellingmore...• Communications specialist with a strong track record for devising and driving innovative, issues-led campaigns which achieve major media coverage
• Experience in compelling international environmental, developmental, political and social change communications
• Award-winning journalist and editor
• Experience working with an international team spread across geographical locations
• Professional, hard working and reliable.
Area Covered: Europe
Work Experience Summary: I have 10 years experience working as a journalist and a communications specialist across a broad range of media outlets as well as international and Australian organisations.
I have worked as a strategic communications consultant for the international secretariat of the global climate change alliance, TckTckTck and for the International Trade Center's World Export Development Forum.
At TckTckTck, I was responsible for managing the development of key components of the global communications campaign for the front running NGO response to climate change. I took the lead, writing speeches, talking points, opinion pieces, news releases and online and internal communications for the campaign during the key United Nations climate meetings of 2009.
I have been the climate and energy media advisor for Greenpeace Australia Pacific, where I was responsible for conceptualising strategies to engage the media and the public around the NGO’s complex renewable energy campaign.
Previously, I have worked as a pivotal member of an Australian television station’s online news team. This experience fine-tuned my news sense and my social media and SEO skills.
In 2000, I was selected by influential business magazine BRW as a reporting cadet where I wrote many longer, analytical feature pieces. After travelling extensively overseas, I joined the travel industry 'bible' Traveltrade' as the Melbourne correspondent where I worked independently, reporting to the editor in Sydney. After breaking a string of significant stories for both its online and print versions, I was promoted to deputy editor and relocated to Sydney where I helped lead the small, hardworking team.
Education Summary: I graduated with a Bachelor of Arts (Journalism/Politics) with distinction from RMIT University, Melbourne, Australia.
I am currently completing a Graduate Diploma in English and History, at the University of New England, Australia.
Communications Specialist - Journalism and PR