- Madrid, ES
- £7 /hr
- Available now
I am a native Italian translator, for the last three years I have been working for a Spanish company which produces and develops videogames in Spain, Italy and Mexico. I had solemore...I am a native Italian translator, for the last three years I have been working for a Spanish company which produces and develops videogames in Spain, Italy and Mexico. I had sole responsibility for the Italian edition of the products distributed, and I also collaborated in the compilation of the Spanish version ad a bilingual editor.
Now I work as freelance translator from:
English into Italian
Spanish into Italian
Italian into Spanish
in the following fields: technology, engineering, electronics, marketing, videogames, software, harware, tourism, literature, gastronomy and general.
I have an university degree qualification and 8 years of professional experience (3 years in-house).
Area Covered: Madrid, Spain, Italy
Work Experience Summary: Principal recent projects as freelance: Jack Keane (videogame, more than 50.000 words), Sherlock Holmes: The Adventure (30.000 words) Market Analysis about Italian tiles in Spain (more than 30.000 words).
Octubre 2004 • Diciembre 2008: Bilingual editor at FX INTERACTIVE
1) Sole responsibility for the Italian edition of the videogames produced by the company.
2) Compilation in Spanish and translation of the manuals and of all the extra contents (guides, solutions, etc.) with the objective of helping the users and explaining to them, in a clear and concise way, how to take full advantage of the games the company produces.
3) Localization and linguistic checking of the Italian and Spanish versions of the games, with complete freedom to take decisions about the style and the nuances to be applied to those versions.
4) Compilation and translation of the company advertisements and of all the texts aimed at the client and the final user.
5) Linguistic tests and playability of both versions of the videogames before closing the master.
Education Summary: 1995-2001 Degree in Languages and Foreign Literature, with a specialization in translation (University of Pisa).
SEPTEMBER 1995 • DECEMBER 2001 Degree in Languages and Foreign Literature, with a specialization in translation (University of Pisa).
SEPTEMBER - DECEMBER 2001: Course in Professional Translation (University of Pisa).
MARCH - MAY 2001: Course in Didactics of Foreign Languages (University of Pisa).
JANUARY - MARCH 2001: Course in Didactics of the Italian Language (University of Pisa).
NOVEMBER 2000: Course of Spanish Language and Culture for foreigners, advanced level (University of Alcalá de Henares, Spain).
NOVEMBER 1999: English Course, advanced level (Camden College of English, London).