- Devizes, GB
- £20 /hr
- Available now
A flexible, pragmatic and accomplished project manager with the proven ability to meet deadlines and work to tight budgets. 10+ years of working for high profilemore...About me...
A flexible, pragmatic and accomplished project manager with the proven ability to meet deadlines and work to tight budgets. 10+ years of working for high profile retailers and FMCG accounts. Ability to traffic manage work through the studio, pre-press knowledge, packaging, point of sale and marketing collateral as well product design & development experience.
Project Management & Artwork
Providing you with a comprehensive pre-press service - project management, artwork, retouching, and press ready repro files. Attend meetings to take briefs and take some of the stressful overspill away from the office, managing the approval process, and getting the work out to print. We would also be able to manage the print process, ensuring that the finished look is as per the designers and client\'s vision.
Area Covered: Wiltshire
Work Experience Summary: sept 2008 • May 2009
- whsmith high street
product and packaging design manager
management of product and packaging design within the whsmith in-house design studio. primarily managing the delivery of product and packaging design for christmas cards 2009.
- create project plans to deliver and monitor project progress to plan.
- monitoring spend to budget and ensure projects are delivered to schedule and within budget
- managing the workflow of internal and external freelance designers and artworkers
- working with designers and illustrators to ensure design meets both commercial and brand objectives
- briefing agencies and internal designers on commercial brand design requirements
delivery of approx 300 x christmas card designs to schedule and under budget, allowing other projects within the business to progress, successful identification, selection and management of key stakeholders to deliver the project. successful cost negotiation to ensure project comes in under budget.
june 2006 • may 2008
sgs europe, welwyn garden city
senior project manager/account manager • (tesco)
day to day management of tesco health & beauty account, ensuring delivery of all new and existing product ranges. acting as primary point of contact for print and production expertise for buyers, design teams and technical managers.
- working with the team to ensure that the final product meets their packaging requirements whilst maintaining synergy with the tesco brand
- managing communications between sgs asia pacific and tesco’s international sourcing teams and uk buying teams to enable efficient production of all packaging requirements
- global print management, working with client and suppliers to set colour standards and ensure consistent print quality
- management of artwork & repro briefs for 200+ packaging projects
- management of multi-lingual artwork
successful management & delivery of tesco’s first ever premium health and beauty product offering, to compete with the likes of the sanctuary, jo malone and boots’ botanics. timely delivery of approximately 300 packaging lines, working with tesco buying and technology teams, marketing and branding and design agencies to ensure brand consistency for 5 pillar brands. implementation of studio workflow and management processes to ensure account requirements are met with minimum disruption to the studio.
may 2005 • june 2006
bt expedite, birmingham
marketing communications manager
working within the business development team to develop and enhance bt expedite’s communications strategy whilst developing a specialist retail branch of the global bt communications business.
- creating, identifying and developing pr opportunities for consistent and dominant press coverage in trade publications like retail week and retail technology
- development and production of written and video case studies, which clearly demonstrate bt expedite’s retail technology expertise, product offering and success rate with high profile retailers which include, whsmith, halfords, and mothercare
- development and maintenance of key communications programmes, both internally and externally
- working with design agencies to produce targeted email campaigns for new and exisiting customers
- providing sales teams and senior management teams with competitor analysis used to support and develop business strategies whilst strategically supporting marketing campaigns and increasing awareness of the competitor offering within the market
i successfully secured a double page spread in retail week’s technology section covering bt expedite’s unique managed service with whsmith, as well as managing to get mothercare shortlisted for retail week’s implementation of the year award for bte’s excellent training software visual view & learn.
jan 04 • aug 04
the intouch group, london
account manager (sainsburys)
working with product technologists, designated suppliers and design agencies to ensure all artwork and repro for sainsbury’s taste the difference product packaging is delivered to brief and on schedule.
- co-ordination and management of production for artwork repro briefs for 50 - 100 packaging projects at any one time
- liaising with printers and repro team to ensure accurate production of all projects, i.e. obtaining print specs and cutter guides, for all packaging artwork
successful delivery of sainsbury’s taste the difference christmas packaging and print and colour standards.
feb 03 • dec 03
marks & spencer, london
account manager / planner
working within the m&s in-store marketing department’s food design studio with a 5 strong design team and numerous product development teams providing end to end delivery of food packaging for ambient areas.
- management of marks & spencer’s seasonal events packaging, working with design to deliver designs which met m&s’s food strategy
- management of 50 - 100 packaging projects at any one time, ensuring new lines and re-designs are delivered to brief, on budget and on time
- management of pre-production meetings, ensuring smooth handover to artwork and repro and pre-press teams
- managing the flow of all packaging design work to the design tea
jan 03 • feb 03
dixons group plc, hemel hempstead
internal communications officer
ensuring timely communication of all store operational issues on the intranet site for mobile communications company, The Link.
- writing clear, concise copy to convey regular updates on store operational issues
- prioritising the workload to ensure key issues communicated in a timely manner
- working under pressure and responding to tight deadlines, providing store management teams with essential business information
june 02 • dec 02
313y limited, london
key account manager (t-mobile uk)
working within a small design consultancy with the t-mobile (uk) creative services department to produce all t-mobile packaging and literature, as well as the production management for other clients such as granada television, balfour beatty and age concern.
- management of t-mobile brand, ensuring all design adhered to corporate guidelines and technical specifications
- writing clear and concise copy for t-mobile literature, ensuring t-mobile tone of voice and clear communication of technical issues
- print buying and production management of all work going through the business
aug 99 • june 02
tk maxx, watford
design & marketing production co-ordinator
working closely with pr, advertising and marketing teams to ensure the timely delivery of all above and below the line marketing activity. acting as and brand guardian to ensure all work produced is consistent and in-line with the company brand and objectives.
- responsible for the implementation & continuing management of production processes and procedures
- working with the store development teams to design and deliver signage solutions both internal and external for new and existing stores
- ensuring brand values are consistent and maintained across all marketing activity
- briefing design and artwork teams on pos, literature and window design, ensuring clear communication of technical specifications and ensuring the brief is inline with brand guidelines
- working with internal departments, i.e. customer service and human resources, project managing new initiatives, from concept through to delivery
successful implementation of studio production and trafficking workflows, whilst maintaining brand consistency for both above and below the line advertising.
marketing / advertising officer
working closely with the advertising manager to ensure delivery of the best schedule of advertising, both above and below the line.
- working with media buying and planning agencies to ensure all advertising meets target audiences
- liaising with town and shopping centre management to negotiate added value marketing / advertising opportunities for both new and existing stores
- implementation, co-ordination and management of all in-store marketing communications to both store and head office personnel
successfully securing signage opportunities to raise the profile of new and existing stores with town & shopping centre management in previously difficult areas.
Education Summary: sept 96 • june 99 university of hertfordshire
- ba (hons) literature
sept 94 • june 96 chadwell heath sixth form
- 3 a levels; english literature, sociology and law
sept 89 • june 94 chadwell heath school
- 9 gcse’s