- Hialeah, FL, US
- £7 /hr
- Available now
I'm a highly qualified native speaker Spanish translator and editor with a MA degree in Spanish Philology [Major in Linguistics] and 28 years experience
Area Covered: Wholemore...I'm a highly qualified native speaker Spanish translator and editor with a MA degree in Spanish Philology [Major in Linguistics] and 28 years experience
Area Covered: Whole world
Work Experience Summary: Since 1991 to present: Teacher of Spanish and ESOL (English for Speakers of Other Languages) at Miami-Lakes, Carol City and The English Center for Adult Education, Dade County School Board, Miami, FL
Also a free-lance Hispanic culture and Spanish language consultant, translator and editor. The following are a few of the jobs I've done in the last two years:
- A Manual on aircraft building technology for Bombardier, Inc., Montreal, Can.
- A brochure on Immigration Law translated for InterLingua, CA.
- One web site localized to Spanish for Global Star Registry [www.globalstarregistry.com]
- Two novels (ISBN 0-7860-1074-6 and ISBN 0-7860-1140-8).
- A brochure on health and nutrition.
- A brochure on union-employers relationship.
- A Manual on Henter-Joyce, Inc.'s JAWS software.
- An Encyclopedia of the Mystical and Paranormal (ISBN 0-06-633705-4).
1990: Editing and reviewing for a publishing house in Miami, FL.
1988: Writer, copy editor and translator from English and French to Spanish of any num-ber of newspaper articles on economic, political and social issues for a feature syndicate in Madrid, Spain.
1984-1988: Writer, editor and translator from English and French to Spanish for a Span-ish editorial in Madrid. The following are a few of the jobs I did during those years:
- Several chapters of the book Political Pilgrims, by US sociologist Paul Hollander, translated to Spanish.
- A brochure, Castro's Puerto Rican Obsession, by a group of Cuban sociologists, translated to Spanish.
- Five books, among them Prensa y OpiniÃ³n PÃºblica (The Media and Public Opinion, ISBN: 84-86153-92-1, an essay by Spanish sociologist Dr. Antonio Izquierdo, and the college textbook IntroducciÃ³n a la PsicologÃa (An Introduction to Psychology, ISBN 84-359-0383-3, both of them edited in Spanish.
1974-1980: Head of the Spanish Language, Spanish Literature, and Spanish-American Literatures Department at the National School for Arts Instructors in Havana, Cuba. I also taught Spanish-American and Cuban Literatures.
1971-1974: Translator from English, French, Italian and Portuguese to Spanish for the Bureau of Scientific Information and Documentation at the Ministry of Public Health in Havana, Cuba.
1968-1971: Translator from English, French, Italian and Portuguese to Spanish for the Bureau of Technical Information and Documentation at the Ministry of Transportation in Havana, Cuba.
Education Summary: 1991: Certified Teacher of Spanish and ESOL (English for Speakers of Other Languages) by the Miami-Dade County School Board in Miami, FL.
1978: Licenciado en FilologÃa Hispánica (MA in Hispanic Philology [Linguistics]) by Univer-sity of Havana, Cuba. Degree validated in 1991 by the Florida International University in Miami, FL., and in 1987 by the Ministry of Science and Higher Education, and the Complutense University in Madrid, Spain.
Translator and editor