- Homagama, LK
- $20 /hr
- Available now
Dr. Prasanga Mantilaka is an expert in synthesis of nanomaterials for industrial, environmental and medical applications with novel, economical and industrially viable techniques.more...Dr. Prasanga Mantilaka is an expert in synthesis of nanomaterials for industrial, environmental and medical applications with novel, economical and industrially viable techniques. His key research area is development of novel technologies to synthesize nanomaterials using naturally occurring readily available earth materials including dolomite, calcite, apatite, Ilmenite and graphite. He has also worked on fabrication of omniphobic nano-surfaces. During his PhD, he has filed 6 patents for commercialization and contributed to the knowledge with 31 publications (10 papers in international journals, 1 paper in peer-reviewed national journal, 16 communications and 4 Magazine articles). Currently, his PhD project is under commercialization with LKR 20 million fund of National Science Foundation, Sri Lanka. At present, he serves his country as a postdoctoral researcher at Sri Lanka Institute of Nanotechnology (SLINTEC). He also has a group of postgraduate research students (12 M.Sc. and 2 PhD) at University of Peradeniya. Following are some of his major projects.
1. Synthesis of high purity Precipitated Calcium Carbonate (PCC), magnesium hydroxide, magnesium oxide, their nanoparticles and polymer-nanocomposites using impure crystalline limestones (Marbles) for industrial applications.
2. Synthesis of nanostructured hollow materials for slow-release systems such as drugs, fertilizers, pigments
3. Synthesis of flame retardant and anticorrosive surface coatings
4. Synthesis of hydroxyapatite nanoparticles and their nanocomposites from naturally occurring minerals such as apatite and dolomite for bone implants
5. Fabrication of superhydrophobic and oil-repellent surfaces on rubber products
6. Synthesis of adsorbent and photocatalytic nanomaterials for industrial effluent treatment
7. Nanofiber synthesis through electrospinning techniques for broad-range of applications
8. Nanocomposites for high performance packaging applications
9. Carbon quantum dots based photocatalysts
Prasanga Gayanath M.