- Royal Leamington Spa, GB
- £7 /hr
- Available now
Looking for a highly articulate, well-organised, flexible copywriter or marketing manager with a wealth of experience in Financial Services? Read on to find out more about howmore...Looking for a highly articulate, well-organised, flexible copywriter or marketing manager with a wealth of experience in Financial Services? Read on to find out more about how I could help add real value to you and your business.
Having completed a BSc in Business Administration at the University of Bath (gaining a 2:1), I joined Barclays Bank PLC on their graduate scheme as a marketer. I've worked there for nearly 6 years, moving between several consumer and marketing roles (including Market Research, Consumer Strategy and Marketing Management).
My experience to date has given me extensive exposure to drafting and reviewing a large amount of marketing copy and business documents, including brochures and letters. I have also project managed and delivered a wide variety of marketing campaigns, including direct mail and point of sale promotions.
I'm looking for a new challenge that utilises my existing experience and allows me to explore new areas. Writing has long been a personal passion of mine, and I would now like to combine this natural aptitude with my business experience to develop a fantastic personal portfolio.
So why not get in touch? My rates are highly competitive and I'm willing to go the extra mile to ensure you receive the very best end product, within time and budget constraints.
Area Covered: Marketing, project management and/or copywriting, specialising in Business and Financial Services
Work Experience Summary: (Internal Marketing) Proposition Delivery Manager, Barclays Insurance & Investments, Mar 2010 – date
• Owned and managed the delivery of internal marketing campaigns to the UK salesforce, utilising research and creative agencies. In particular, this included:
1. Defining how best to manage proposition launches to the salesforce. This included working with research agencies to get a really clear understanding of our audience and how to tailor communications to resonate with them.
2. Working with creative and print agencies to produce internal brochures end to end (from briefing through to production and end fulfilment). Included extensive involvement in the copywriting process.
3. Sourcing and delivering promotional merchandise to support internal launch events, including active involvement in the creative design of the supporting pieces.
Marketing Manager, Barclays Financial Planning, Mar 2008 – Mar 2010
• Managed a variety of marketing campaigns from end to end (including defining initial strategy, agency briefing and management, tight budget and time management, copywriting and reviewing, artwork and print production, through to post-campaign review and improvement).
• Some specific campaigns included:
1. Design and implementation of a new 'member get member' campaign, encouraging existing customers to refer new customers. This campaign operated over a variety of media, including direct mail and online. My role included management of partnership, design and print agencies to produce branch support materials, as well as management of a direct mail specialist agency to produce the supporting direct mail campaign. First quarter of direct mail generated approx. £1.3million in incremental business.
2. Full end to end management of customer research within the Financial Planning team, including understanding and interpreting business requirements, designing and implementing surveys (both regular and adhoc) and managing the research agency relationships.
3. Creation of new Financial Planning prospect brochures. End to end management, including initial research through to agency briefing and management, and post-campaign feedback.
• Other key duties included adhoc copywriting assignments for both customer-facing and internal materials, including marketing letters.
Consumer Agenda Manager, Barclays UK Retail Bank, Oct 2006 – Mar 2008
• Worked in a team to develop strategies to deal with key consumer issues facing the Barclays UK Retail Bank. The role was all about understanding more about customers and how to ensure they received the best experience possible. Specific projects included:
1. Working with senior bank executives to define the UK Retail Bank strategy to meet the 'Treating Customers Fairly' regulatory requirements set out by the Financial Services Authority (FSA).
2. Assisting in the definition and implementation of a hardship scheme for customers negatively affected by a historical banking product (Shared Appreciation Mortgages) - including writing and producing appropriate supporting customer documentation / letters.
3. Delivery of a new training DVD for UK branches promoting customer equality. This included managing the production agency, substantial input into copywriting for both the DVD and accompanying brochure, and tightly managing the overall project budget.
Market Research Manager, Barclays UK Retail Bank, Jan 2006 – Oct 2006 (graduate placement)
• Worked in the main team responsible for generating market research insight on UK banking customers. Some specific projects included:
1. Renegotiating contract terms with external research agency on behalf of Barclaycard. Collated and summarised relevant MI, influenced stakeholders and obtained competitive deal, creating cost saving of approx. £80k.
2. Assisting in the management and delivery of initial research into repositioning of the Woolwich brand. Organised focus groups and provided key briefing materials to stakeholders.
3. Reviewing the sponsorship activities undertaken by Barclays in the UK (including the Premier League) and making recommendations for future spend.
Education Summary: QA – PRINCE 2 Foundation Level, December 2010: industry-recognised Project Management qualification.
Overall result = pass.
Marketer’s Forum – Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIM) Professional Diploma, Jan 2006 – Dec 2006: modules studied included Market Research, Marketing Planning, Marketing Communications and Marketing Management in Practice.
Overall result = pass (average Grade A).
University of Bath – BSc Hons Business Administration, Sep 2001 – Jul 2005: four-year degree with two sixth-month industrial placements. Several modules chosen specialised in marketing.
Overall result = 2:1.
Spalding High School – 3 A Levels / 2 AS Levels, Sep 1999 – Jun 2001.
Overall result = 5 'A' grades
Freelancer specialising in marketing, project management and copywriting