- London, GB
- £7 /hr
- Available now
I am a marketing and communications specialist with experience working across a range of industries, from small arts organisations to large multinational corporations. My experiencemore...I am a marketing and communications specialist with experience working across a range of industries, from small arts organisations to large multinational corporations. My experience covers business planning and strategic marketing as well as hands on work, from writing copy for advertising and promotional materials and press releases, to lead generation direct mail campaigns. I also have experience in developing media relations, organising press conferences, photoshoots and media interviews and market research and evaluation work.
On the creative and lifeskills side I am skilled in leading groups, developing ideas and designing and facilitating creative processes.
Area Covered: London and the SE
Work Experience Summary: Strategic Planning
• Planned new strategic initiatives and managed the audience development programme across a diverse client base for Arts Council England, improving performance and revenues significantly.
• Developed the financial services business from a loss making activity to a profitable venture, with growth in sales revenue of 45% over an eight month period, for American Express.
• Planned and implemented a strategic marketing programme using highly targeted direct response methods to generate sales and create Cardmember loyalty towards the corporate American Express brand.
Marketing and Communications
• Planned and co-ordinated public relations and marketing activities for choreographic dance tours, festivals and community events, bringing in an average capacity audience of 80%.
• Conceived promotional ideas, wrote copy and press releases, and managed design and print production for above the line and below the line big brand advertising and marketing campaigns and small scale productions.
• Worked with regional venues to develop young persons’ audience development initiatives and community ambassador programmes, with street teams used successfully to draw non-traditional audiences to theatre performances and workshops.
• Organised photoshoots, press conferences, media interviews and competitions, generating strong product interest and high attendance.
• Initiated a customer retention programme, aimed at building loyalty and enhancing long-term customer relationships for Lloyds Bowmaker.
• Co-ordinated successful advertising and lead-generation direct mail campaigns designed to generate new business and create strong product and corporate awareness for asset finance products.
Creativity and Leadership
• Worked through Prevista to provide business planning, marketing advice and training, and motivational support to artists, performers and managers in small creative industries, enabling them turn their ideas into a viable business.
• Facilitated a vision session, supporting Momentum Arts to develop new thinking and implement more effective processes of communication in the organisation.
• Participated in product innovation sessions contributing unique, marketable ideas for new products and the development of existing products for Fifteen20, the innovation arm of Research International.
• Designed and facilitated creativity, self-development and leadership training for private and government funded programmes in England and the Caribbean, resulting in high motivation and strong incentives for change in participants.
Research and Evaluation
• Evaluated an architecturally inspired, public art performance programme for Institute of
International Visual Arts (inIVA), initiating a new strategic model to assess the impact of
programmes on policies and practices.
• Prepared an evaluation strategy for a History and Heritage project across the East of England for Momentum Arts, providing a model of evaluation that set a standard against which all organisational activities are measured.
• Conducted qualitative research and presented a report of findings for Eastern Touring Agency (now Momentum Arts) for their Arts Capital Programme - Arts Incubator Centre feasibility study.
• Designed a market research programme to review card usage and identify opportunities for cross-selling and new methods of servicing card members, for American Express.
• Researched and analysed industry sectors to identify new market opportunities for Lloyds Bowmaker asset finance products.
Education Summary: Diploma in Marketing, Chartered Institute of Marketing
Master of Business Administration, Bradford University 1984-1985
B.A. (Hons) International Relations, Keele University 1978-1981
• One of a select pool of creative consumers used by Fifteen20, a product innovation bureau, chosen for their ability to challenge the rules, think the unthinkable and create unique, inspired and marketable ideas for new products.
• Completed the Samurai and Mastery programmes in creativity, leadership and self-expression, Institute for Creativity, London
Publc Relations, Marketing and Communications Specialist