Freelance copywriter, proofreader, CRM administrator and translator.
Greater London, GB
A creative, effective and adaptable communicator with over 15 years’ experience of data management, communications and translation in the international insurance industry andmore...A creative, effective and adaptable communicator with over 15 years’ experience of data management, communications and translation in the international insurance industry and the not-for-profit sector. Main translation languages German to English and French to English.
I have a diverse work experience and training which have given me the skills to tackle a broad range of subject areas. I am particularly interested in charitable and environmental subjects but I really love working with language so will happily tackle almost anything!
- I spent 11 years working in the international insurance industry communicating with clients all over the world through a range of media. I also managed the CRM system, responsible for both data entry and project managing enhancements to the system.
- In 2010-2011 I spent a year volunteering with Raleigh International in Borneo, most of which as communications offer. I wrote blog posts, social media updates, press releases, formal magazines and informal newsletters.
- From 2011 – 2016 I worked in information and knowledge management for a professional engineering institution. I was database administrate for our MS Dynamics CRM system, coordinating data entry, development of the system, data cleansing and data management. At the same time I volunteered as communications officer for another engineering institution, writing blog posts, newsletters, press releases and advertising.
- Postgraduate Diploma in Technical and Specialised Translation (French and German main languages, Danish, Swedish, Norwegian subsidiary languages)
- BA Hons in French and German (2:1 with merit in spoken German)
I am available for freelance work from any location, as I work from home. During the summer months I can sometimes also work on-site in London if required.
I would love to broaden my range of clients and subject areas by using PeoplePerHour.