- Sittingbourne, GB
- £20 /hr
- Available now
Looking for Project Management Opportunities
I am a self motivated individual who is highly qualified within the IT and network cabling industry. I have a long proven track record working within major data centres throughoutmore...I am a self motivated individual who is highly qualified within the IT and network cabling industry. I have a long proven track record working within major data centres throughout the UK and Europe as well as smaller projects. I am skilled and experienced with Systimax, Brand Rex, Connectix, Excel, Panduit, Hellermann Tyton cable brands from Cat5e through to Cat6A.
I am also a qualified NEC Telephone Engineer and able to install and maintain the SL1100 system.
Having had my own business and using my skills from 18 years in Senior Management at NatWest, I am fully qualified in the areas of Project Managment, Network Cabling, Network Design and installation and IT Support.
References are available upon request.
Area Covered: Project Management, Telecommunications, Clearance
Company Name: Yellow Tee
Summary: I have had a vast experience in my work life time and I love being able to help individuals and companies with my skills whether its delivering/planning/implementing a project or ensuring that the network infrastructure is top notch. I don't believe in bodge it I believe in quality. After all its my work and I am proud of what I do.
Job Title: Middle Office and Project Manager
Company: NatWest Stockbrokers
Description: Project Management Responsibilities
• In this role I was responsible for the day to day running of all of the Operations teams projects. This included reporting to and liaising with Senior Managers and Directors.
• In this role I was involved in the implementation of the EURO, phase 1, the build of a financial Cash deposit system, arranging and planning floor moves, the build and implementation of a SWIFT Straight Through Processing (STP) system, Y2K, London Stock Exchange Electronic Order Book, a front office corporate dealing system also wrote Project proposal to reduce the CREST charges. This was approved by the business and IT.
• I was a key part of a project to align the NatWest internal banking system standard throughout all of the various parts of the bank including Coutts. This Project carried a value of £27m and was implemented on time.
• I have achieved the above with the use of “lifecycle” Project Management tools whilst also liaising with the business users and IT.
Middle Office Manager Responsibilities
I was responsible for the management, recruitment and monitoring of 120 staff involved in the following key areas of the business::- Trade Processing, Account Maintenance, Settlements Help Desk, Projects and Settlements related IT enhancements;
• Daily monitoring of 5 departments performance using KPI spreadsheets.
• Daily trade and contract note processing of UK, International and Unit Trust trades.
• Daily trade and contract note processing of Traded Options and Derivatives trades.
• Monitoring and reporting of Transaction reporting messages to the London Stock Exchange and FSA.
• The implementation of CREST throughout the Settlements division.
• Software enhancements and related systems User Acceptance Testing.
• Management and analysis of Daily Management reports.
• Implementation of improvements to working practices, including the delivery of presentations to Senior Management including MD level.
• Recruitment, training and monitoring of staff including appraisals, salary reviews and disciplinary procedures.
• Aligning my various departments to budgetary requirements.
• Daily management of the client account details held on the system.
• Maintenance of all customer account changes.
• Ensuring that all of the customer details were held in accordance with Data Protection Act.
• Receiving, analysing, reporting and replying to Settlements related Complaint letters.
• The daily management of all Settlement related telephone queries and Complaints.
• Daily reporting of all Complaint / query figures to the Head of Operations.
Job Title: Managing Director
Company: SX Web & Tech
Description: Responsible for running my own IT support and cabling business which looked after many local clients and working with other companies in collaboration.
I enjoyed working with local people to ease their IT worries. Updating their antivirus, ms updates, installing upgrades for memory to hard drives to seting up blackberries.
• I was responsible for the maintenance of personal and business computers for over 200 clients.
• Installed new computer networks and servers.
• I carried out computer clean ups and virus checks.
• Installed network cabling to offices.
Job Title: Managing Director
Company: JWW Solutions Limited
Description: • Responsible for the overall running of the company specialising in the engineering teams, installations, surveys and quotations. Also responsible for the day to day running of the office and all HR duties.
• Responsible for managing the relationships with customers, contractors and sub contractors.
• Using Sage Line 50 maintained the Sales/Purchase ledgers along with the production of various management reports including bank reconciliation. Instigation of Cash flow forecasting, financial forecasting, budgets and VAT/PAYE.
• Implemented all HR, Business and Financial controls including registering for Data Protection Act and fully auditing the internal processes to ensure that the process flows were highly effective.
• Keen attention to detail on all administrative processes to ensure high standards of effective communication.
• Process driven to see the projects and tasks through to completion. For example the accreditations gained by various cabling manufacturers.
• Successfully created and designed a new website incorporating RSS Feeds and blog functionality which ultimately lead to an increase in sales and a suitable presence on the web to incorporate the online marketing strategy.
• Ensured that all administrative tasks such as telephone answering, filing, post management, meeting agendas etc were completed in a professional and productive manner.
• Various accreditations for business requirements successfully secured.
Job Title: Head of Operations
Company: Precision Cabling Services
Description: My role at this company was a varied one including the following;
• Sales and Client Relationship
• Engineering Team Management
• Surveying and Quotations
• Project Management (Prince2)
• Network Infrastructure Engineer
My main role within this company was to gain more business through continuous contact with the company’s current customers and also to gain new clients. I was responsible for the initial meeting with any prospective client and then the surveying and quotations.
This telecommunications company was renowned for the quality of the installations that it carried out. This was a major factor that I would not allow the engineers to shortcut any of the installation techniques. One of my roles was to Project Manage and quality check the installations to ensure that they were satisfactory and met company standards.
I also carried out Cat5e, Cat6, Cat6a and Fibre Optic installations in various locations, big and small. These ranged from a simple 10 cable installation to a 5,000 cable installation into a warehouse.
I was responsible for all of the companies surveying, pricing and producing written quotations to customers. The company won a very large portion of the quotations completed, over 75%.
A large part of my role was to increase the client base and once customers had used PCS it was my role to keep that company with us. We had relationships with large cabling contractors for over 8 years, continuous carrying out installations into Data Centres, Colleges, Schools, and offices.
University / College: Warren Comprehensive
Project Manager and Telecommunications Engineer