- London, GB
- £25 /hr
- Available now
Thanks for looking at my profile. I am currently employed full time, but able to turn around projects fast and accurately in evenings/overnight and at weekends. I ammore...Hello!
Thanks for looking at my profile. I am currently employed full time, but able to turn around projects fast and accurately in evenings/overnight and at weekends. I am currently employed in the skin care and make-up industry for the International Institute for Anti Ageing, but previously workd at JML and Oxford University Press.
During my employment at JML, and previous role at Oxford University Press, I have gained and developed many skills and attributes which I feel meet the criteria for this position. I have become fully proficient in InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop to an advanced level. My skills in InDesign have resulted in my taking charge of the JML Direct catalogue, overseeing all aspects from design and layout to print ready files, often to tight, demanding deadlines and to budget. As a result, this has lead to designing supplier pages for many store catalogues, including Argos and Tesco direct and communicating with our internal account managers and the catalogue production coordinators, ensuring the design adheres to their style guidelines.
Working in a commercial design environment as designer I am able to negotiate tactfully with colleagues at all levels. I am proactive in securing work from all areas of the Company, and embark on new challenges wherever possible. I have recently been taking on more TV set and display graphic design, assisting the production department in visual mock-ups and sourcing large format printing within budget, often negotiating short production times.
Outside of JML, I have been responsible for designing inPrint, the magazine of the Society of Young Publishers. This has heavily relied upon good time management, and being able to handle many last minute changes from editors and advertisers to ensure the print deadline is met and to standard. I enjoy working within a publishing environment, and working with The Society of young Publishers has given me the drive to persue this career path.
I am a reliable, dedicated and enthusiastic team member. I work in a conscientious manner, work well with every department and most importantly enjoy everything I do. I strive to improve my skills, learn new ones and share current ones, but am ready to embark on my next challenge within a new organisation.
Examples of my work can be seen at www.paulstimpson.co.uk, or a PDF downloaded at
Area Covered: Any design for print including corporate, branding, stationary, leaflets, brochures, catalogues, instruction manuals, POS material and more.
Job Title: Graphic Designer
Company: International Institute for Anti Ageing
Description: Responsible for all areas of Graphic Design within the company, including:
• Corporate Literature
• Monthly promotion flyers
• Nutritional Supplement Packaging and promotional materials
• Skin Care/Beauty posters/POS material
• Advise on website design (not coding)
• Any ad hoc design as required by the company
Job Title: Graphic and Product Packaging Designer
Company: JML (John Mills Ltd)
Description: • Working in a small team designing both corporate and retail literature
• Responsible for JML direct catalogue, a 40-50 page file offering a large range of JML products. Setting up new styles sheets and libraries during a recent redesign
• Designing the new lifestyle magazine, Great Ideas, distributed to existing customers
• Creating individual product identities, and packaging solutions for new products
• Organising and directing photo shoots for catalogue, Great Ideas, promotion and product packaging
• Creating and designing TV sets for JML Home Shopping channel
• Designing and organising large format printing for sets, instore promotions and events
• Designing within the JML brand guidelines
• Artworking photographs before use on packaging or catalogues, and archiving for future use
• Setting up templates for instruction manuals, and typeset in English and other languages as required. Drawing illustrations to increase usability of these manuals
• Actioning any ad hoc requests from different departments within JML (UK and international), and developing good working relationships with all colleagues
Job Title: DTP Technician
Company: Oxford University Press
Description: • Setting new books from design layouts provided by the design department
• Making alterations as required from editors and designers
• Updating books from Quark to InDesign for future editions
• Setting paragraph and character styles in the best manner to ensure consistency throughout entire book
• Importing core text from a styled word document to InDesign as provided by editors and writers
• Fluent in editors proofing marks
• Working to tight print deadlines
Job Title: Anglesey Menus
Company: The Anglesey Hotal
Description: Design and organise print for Chrismas Menu. 6PP DL 2 fold leaflet style.
Education Summary: Training Courses
• Advanced Illustrator CS5, Transmedia Training
• Advanced inDesign CS5, Transmedia Training
• Advanced Photoshop CS5, Transmedia Training
• Flash CS5 Rich Content Creation, Transmedia Training
October 2004 – July 2007
University of Reading, BA (Hons) Design for Graphic Communication, 2:1
September 2002 – June 2004
Bay House School Sixth Form | 3 A-Levels:
Graphic Design (B) | Geography (C) | Economics & Business Studies (C); 1 AS-Level: English Language (B)