- London, GB
- £25 /hr
- Available now
I have an MA in technical translation, graduated in 2007 with horours from Rennes 2 University in France.
I did interships in a number of translation companies during my studies.more...I have an MA in technical translation, graduated in 2007 with horours from Rennes 2 University in France.
I did interships in a number of translation companies during my studies. Currently I work as a projet manager in a translation company which gives me a different perspective on the business, but I still do translations occasionally on a freelance basis.
I am very particular about the French language, for instance with grammar and spelling. Being primarily trained as a technical translator, I am also a keen researcher especially when it comes to tackling new subject matters.
Professionally I have translated mostly the following text types: food industry, IT, subtitling, journalitic texts.
I lived in Sweden for a year, and have now lived in English speaking countries for three years (Canada, currently the UK).
If you have a translation need, feel free to send me your request and I will be happy to let you know if I can assist.
Area Covered: London
Work Experience Summary: FREELANCE WORK
- Updates of dictionary of the food industry FR > SV > FR since 2005.
- Translation of technical/eneral enquiries on an ad hoc basis since 2006.
- Translating and reviewing subtitles for the DVD industry, since 2007.
- November 2007-present: Project manager in translation companies in Canada, France and the United Kingdom.
Education Summary: - MA in technical translation, technical writing and project management. Rennes 2 University, 2007 (hons) - English, German and Swedish into French.
- Baccalaureat diploma - Economics and Sociology section (hons), 2001.
Translator (technical, subtitling, general)