- Kidlington, GB
- £7 /hr
- Available now
Qualified, experienced translator offering high quality translations from Italian and Spanish to English and Liaison Interpreting between Italian and English.
My areas of specialisationmore...Qualified, experienced translator offering high quality translations from Italian and Spanish to English and Liaison Interpreting between Italian and English.
My areas of specialisation include Travel and Tourism (professional background in the Tourist Industry), Winter Sports, Gastronomy and Health.
I am extremely computer literate and use the latest in translation software for maximum productivity without compromising on quality.
Hardware: laptop with broadband internet connection, printer, scanner, fax.
Software: Microsoft Office XP, MS Word, Works, Excel and Power Point. Wordfast owned, also familiar with Trados, SDLX and Deja-Vu.
Specialist dictionaries: Zanichelli, 2003, Il nuovo medicina e biologia.
Friendly, professional service and fast project-turnaround.
Area Covered: International for Translation, Oxford/London for Interpreting.
Work Experience Summary: Over 2 years' experience as a Freelance Translator and Liasion Interpreter.
Examples of translations:
- Articles about Turin 2006 Winter Olympics
- Press releases on Snowboard events and competitions
- Tourist Guides
- Hotel websites
- Encyclopaedia entries on gastronomy
- Professional CVs
- Material on Architecture and Photography
- Conference plans and commercial material
- Translation of voiceovers
- Medical reports and research papers
- Pharmaceutical product descriptions
- Marriage Certificates, and much more.
Examples of Interpreting assignments:
- A wide range of medical situations (head injuries, strokes, chest pains, broken bones, fractures, sprains, etc.) for British Holidaymakers in Italian hospitals (Susa, Caprino Veronese)
- An interview at Cibus, Parma’s International Food Exhibition, between the manager of an Italian Ham producer and an English-speaking businessman exporting products to Turkey
- Technical discussions between English Club Hotel Managers in Italy and Italian Technicians and Suppliers.
Education Summary: MA with Distinction in Translating with Business Interpreting, University of Salford, 2005
Course in Lingua, Cultura e Attualita’ Italiana, IRSE (Istituto Regionale di Studi Europei, Friuli Venezia Giulia), 2002
BA Hons in Italian & Spanish, Grade 2.1 with distinction in oral proficiency in Italian, University of Wales, Cardiff, 2001
Freelance Translator and Liaison Interpreter