- London, GB
- £7 /hr
- Available now
Area Covered: UNITED KINGDOM
Job Title: Lead
Description: • Founded Re-imagine – a freelance collectivemore...Area Covered: UNITED KINGDOM
Job Title: Lead
Description: • Founded Re-imagine – a freelance collective who pledge 25% of their time/earnings to supporting social projects in London (re-imagine.org.uk).
• Identify and instigate freelance opportunities for speech writing, research and project support.
• Develop project proposals, negotiate contracts and deliver high quality work to deadline.
• Manage personal and project finances, prioritise workload and coordinate members on collaborative projects.
• Create micro community projects in the Greater London area such as "The Kitchen Life Project" which aimed to address social isolation among single mothers in Forest Gate.
• Organise and run events focused on social issues such as the relationship between mental health and debt (The Hub, Kings Cross, London – July 09).
Job Title: Advisor
Company: LMU Micro business support
Description: Provided guidance and expertise to a number of start-up companies in areas including;
• Creating a business plan, conducting market research, marketing, PR and financial management.
Job Title: The Writing Centre
Company: London Metropolitan University
Description: • Mentored students from a variety of disciplines in developing their writing.
• Administered and partook in research, delivered presentations, promoted the centre and worked with the university"s international partners.
• Developed, contributed to and maintained the Writing Centre Wiki.
Job Title: Youth instructor
Company: Queen Mary, University of London
Description: • Developed learning materials.
• Directed and assisted A-level students to improve their writing and foster greater understanding of the writing process.
Job Title: Research intern
Company: The Young Foundation
Description: • Worked mainly on the UpRising Leadership Programme while supporting other areas.
• Improved the participant identification processes by raising awareness of the programme amongst employers in the three pilot London boroughs.
• Managed application files, communicated with UpRising supporters and expanded the contact databases.
• Researched and reported on potential programme additions such as personal development plans and developed further materials.
• Provided reception cover, conference room set-up and facilitated Young Foundation staff in the execution of their duties.
Job Title: Volunteer
Company: Obama for America
Description: • Took part in a wide range of campaign activities including compilation of street files, telephone and door to door campaigning and facilitation of higher level staff functions.
Job Title: Intern
Company: Generation 2 Generation
Description: • Executive assistant to the Managing Director.
• Designed market research, collected and analyzed data and reported findings on the viability of expansion opportunities and web development strategies.
• Brainstormed G2G strategies and assisted in implementation.
• Managed events and ensured issues were addressed rapidly and without unnecessary disruption.
Job Title: Host
Company: Broc House Yeats Suppers
Description: • Began my career in the hospitality industry gaining extensive training in table service and restaurant etiquette.
• Learned the importance of the “personal touch” when preparing food, catering to customers needs and in presenting information on a topic, having provided information on W B Yeats throughout the evening and into the night.
• Learned how to work in a team environment, and came to realise the importance of communication and teamwork in the general workplace environment.
Job Title: Additional experience
Company: A range of roles and projects including
Description: Founding a company selling local history booklets at a local attraction.
Internship with a solicitors firm.
Summary: Dissertation (currently being revised for publication):
A line too far? Exploring the relationship between perceptions of drug offence seriousness and willingness to socially engage with ex-offenders.
Degree: BSc Psychology
University / College: London Metropolitan University