I have a background in Military Engineering and a civilian career as an Architectural Technician I have a diverse wealth of experience and expertise.
With a career spanningmore...I have a background in Military Engineering and a civilian career as an Architectural Technician I have a diverse wealth of experience and expertise.
With a career spanning over 20 years I have practical and technical experience in a broad range of projects; from producing Working drawing packages for large residential schemes to Industrial, retail and civil engineering projects with the Royal Engineers.
As an experienced Senior Architectural Technician, my experience in design, implementation and clear understanding of all technical aspects of building construction will prove invaluable in the development stages of projects.
Troubleshooting and problem solving come as second nature to me, which I do with imagination and enthusiasm. Possessing good communication and interpersonal skills.
From a Project Administration prospective I am effective at arranging personal work schedules, maintaining accurate and timely office records and ensuring regulatory compliance and quality standards to ensure a high level of client service and satisfaction.
Possessing the following design and management skills:
1. Ability to detail architectural designs, including interpreting architectural designs, feasibility studies, outline proposals, scheme, and detail design
2. Ensure that the issuing of drawings and information, including the production of reports and schedules is efficient, effective, and economical
3. As a team leader efficiently running projects of various sizes liaising with clients, contractors and consultants.
4. Ensure all personally produced drawings and schedules are clear and checked, and are unambiguous for both internal and external application
5. Submit schemes for planning, listed building, building regulation approval and any other statutory requirement appropriate to the individual project
6. Assist in site surveys
7. Incorporate the highest standards of sustainable design principles into all projects within the constraints set by the project architect
8. Ensure the highest quality design on all projects, within the constraints set by the project architect
9. Ability to prepare and assist in the preparation of health and safety information including method statements and risk assessments
10. Excellent command of AutoCAD
11. Command of excellent IT skills.
Area Covered: Hampshire, Dorset
Summary: varied experience mainly residential architectural, but have some structural and civil cad experience
Job Title: senior architectural technician
Company: dyer & sey
Description: As a Senior Architectural Technician working and running numerous residential projects of varying sizes, from planning through to completion, including meetings, site visits, full Building Regulation submissions, NHBC submissions and also providing full IT support to all company IT.
•Produce and issue full planning submission including design
•Produce and issue full Building Regulation & NHBC drawing
•As Team Leader running projects and liasing with clients,
contractors and consultants.
•Fully conversant with Sustainability, Lifetimes homes & HQI for
social developments with Housing Associations.
•Liaising with clients and contractors and other professionals on
and off site.
•Fee Calculations and Client negotiation on new jobs.
•Allocating and checking projects.
•IT & CAD Manager etc
Education Summary: CIVILIAN
1981-1985 CATHAYS HIGH SCHOOL, CARDIFF.
3 GCE O Levels.
6 CSE Levels.
1987-1989 BOURNEMOUTH & POOLE COLLEGE, POOLE.
BTEC Building Studies 15 Units.
1993-1994 THE ROYAL SCHOOL OF MILITARY ENGINEERING, CHATHAM, KENT.
Design Draughtsman Class 2.
1995 THE ROYAL SCHOOL OF MILITARY ENGINEERING,CHATHAM,KENT.
Design Draughtsman Class 1.