- London, GB
- £8 /hr
- Available now
I am a journalist who has worked with CNN and other prestigious organisations. In addition to writing and research I am also proficient in designing. I can design and write formore...I am a journalist who has worked with CNN and other prestigious organisations. In addition to writing and research I am also proficient in designing. I can design and write for brochures, press releases etc.
Area Covered: London
Work Experience Summary: WORK EXPERIENCE
A. Exclusive Analysis, London: Freelance Political Analyst (India/Asia) December 2008 • Present.
• Responsible for research and analysis of political risks and security threats in India/ Asia
• Forecasting potential risks/threats for Commercial Establishments
• Providing critical inputs regarding the possible precautionary measures and safeguards.
• Editing the daily Asia Intelligence Bulletin
B. Global Integrity, Washington: July 2008 • Jan 2009. Peer Reviewer for the Global Integrity Report, 2008 (Freelance India Expert). Publishers: Global Integrity, Washington DC.
• Responsible reviewing journalists’ reports and researcher’s data/diary on corruption indicators in different sectors in India.
• Copy-editing of all reports from India.
C. Research Officer, House of Commons, Westminster, London: MP
Virendra Sharma’s office, (Part Time) • October 2008 • March 2009.
• Lead researcher for a research project on Immigration and Asylum
• Supervision of field data collection
• Preparing research tools, drafting questionnaires, multivariate data analysis
and report writing.
D. Research Officer, Parimaarjan (Projects) Dec 2007- June 2008:
• Evaluation of primary education projects run by Government of UP in Buladnshahr district.
• Prepared project proposals, made presentations, prepared research tools,
Drafted questionnaires, conducted background research.
• Report writing, data analysis and supervising data collection from the field.
• Copy editing, proof-reading and content management for reports and website.
E. Correspondent, Special Investigations, CNN IBN, Feb 06 •Dec 2007:
• CNN IBN is a National news broadcaster in India, a partner of CNN International
• Worked in a unique multi-tasking environment, under severe deadline pressures
• Experience of working on daily news reports, breaking news situations, long-format shows, special reports and exclusive stories
• Scripting and copy editing half hour documentary format show - 30 Minutes’
• Drafting Press Releases, providing Headlines text, Graphics, and background research prior to release of exclusive investigations.
• Assistant production of regular news packages, 18 half hour documentaries • hard news features
• Assistant production of 30 half hour episodes of the channels’ news documentary show 30 Minutes’. Involved in the planning, pre-production, shoot and post production of the episodes.
• Worked as a field reporter/investigator for the Special Investigations and News Features.
• Conducted Investigations on Political scams, development projects, internal security, conflicts and corporate frauds.
F. Reporter (Trainee), NDTV, April - June 2005
• Reporter with Crime and Metro Desk NDTV 24x7 for television and web.
• Assistant Production for regular news packages, scripting and desk.
• Involved in the planning, pre-production, shoot and post production Special
reports on Investigation.
G. SPIC MACAY (NGO)
2005: Pune Chapter
• Organised a West Zone convention and coordinated about 40 concerts in one year in Pune along with a team of 20 volunteers. With performing artists like Smt. Shubha Mudgal, Pt. Shiv Kumar Sharma, Pt. Vishwa Mohan Bhatt etc.
• Handled website maintenance for SPIC MACAY for one year.
• Designed the 30 Year’s special Logo and branding of SPIC MACAY
• Conducted regular orientation programs for youngsters in schools, colleges and youth forums across Pune.
2003-04: Centre-State Co-ordinator for Punjab, Haryana, Himachal Pradesh, and Jammu & Kashmir for SPIC MACAY (NGO)
• Coordinated concerts, events and activities of SPIC MACAY in the North Zone for a year
AWARDS AND RECOGNITION:
2008 Nominated for Ramnath Goenka Award for Excellence in Political Reporting by CNN IBN
2007 Won the National News Television (NT) Award for Best Investigative Journalism 2006’ in India for report on I AM M.K. SUBBA’
2006 Included in Fast Track - group of young achievers at CNN IBN (Delhi)
2005 Secured highest marks (86%) across all specializations, comprising of a batch of 100 students at Symbiosis for Dissertation Thesis on Children and Victimisation by Media’.
Education Summary: 2008-09
MSc Comparative Politics
London School of Economics and Political Science,
Symbiosis Institute of Mass Communication,
Post Graduate Diploma in Mass Communication, (Equivalent to MA)
BA (Hons) Economics
Hans Raj College, University of Delhi