- London, GB
- £35 /hr
- Available now
New branding for an existing established toiletries range in the UK's biggest high street chemist.
I have 15+ years experience in the design industry since graduating from Central St Martins College. Design is not rocket science, but experience and skill count for everythingmore...I have 15+ years experience in the design industry since graduating from Central St Martins College. Design is not rocket science, but experience and skill count for everything and I provide vibrant, strong and creative solutions to client briefs. 90% of my work comes from personal recommendation.
I have extensive experience working with high street retailers such as Paperchase, Barbie, JoepshJoseph, Persil, Mark & Spencer and Next. My goal is to be the best I can be and to work with others of a similar thinking.
* packaging design
* branding & brand manipulation
* mock-up work for promotion
* repeat patterns - interiors, fabric and print
* print management
To see my who portfolio please visit www.coroflot.com/nancyallen
Area Covered: Worldwide
Company Name: Nancy Allen Design
Freelance Senior Designer working on graphic and packaging for beauty and fragrance, stationery, food and cosmetics items for various high street retailers including Paperchase, Next, Marks & Spencer and Superdrug.
15 years industry experience as a designer working on graphics, packaging, branding and POS.
My goal is to be the best I can be and to work with others of a similar thinking.
Previous Work Experience:
From: Jan 2003 To: Jan 2011
Job Title: Senior Designer
Company: PBFA / LF Beauty
* Day-to-day management of design projects, keeping up to date with new trends, designing packaging and branding elements for gifts.
* Mocking up gifts for presentation to customers and updating existing branding and designs concepts, ensuring the brand integrity is kept.
* Artwork for the beauty gifting ranges across all of the high street including customers covering a range of 75-100 items per season.
* Produce trend work, present to buyers, develop ideas and take final designs through to artwork and print production.
* Briefing external design agencies and suppliers where necessary and sourcing library images.
* Working with international team and travelling annually to the Far East.
From: Jul 2002 To: Jan 2002
Job Title: Barbie Designer (Maternity Cover)
Company: Entertainment Rights/Mattel
* Approved design concepts for Barbie Consumer Products in a wide variety of areas including beauty, footwear, clothing, home furnishings, and stationery.
* Designed hair accessories for Barbie Licensee - sold in Claire’s Accessories.
* Managed and designed display and POS stands for various licensees exhibiting at the 2003 British Toy Fair.
* Represented Mattel at the British Toy Fair 2003 on the Barbie stand, discussing Mattel's global brand strategy to current a prospective licensees and retailers.
* Presented the Barbie style guide throughout the country to Barbie Licensees, making each presentation relevant to each company’s products and strengths.
From: Jul 1997 To: Jul 2002
Job Title: Co-owner and Director
Company: Inch Perfect Design
Description: Start-up business with colleague after graduating. Worked for 5 years on a wide range of design disciplines:
* Product Design
* Brochures and Design for print
* Design work for PR and marketing companies. Brands include Persil, Channel 4 and My Travel.
* Interior Design - finalist for Times & Gestetner Digital Office Collection office design competition 1999.
* Press releases in Elle Decoration for private client interior design project.
* Bar Design and refitting - The Falcon in Clapham, and Le Bouchon in Battersea among others.
Education Summary: 1994 - 1997 Central Saint Martins College of Art and Design, London
Honours degree in Product Design - 2:1 with honours. I also represented fellow students in termly meetings with the course directors and the college dean.
1993 - 1994 North Hertfordshire College, Shephalbury, Stevenage, Herts.
BTEC National Diploma in Art and Design Foundation Studies - Distinction.
1986 - 1993 Hitchin Girls' School, Hitchin, Herts.
9 GCSE's with grades A to C
A' levels in Technology and Art
Packaging & Graphic Designer