- Oxford, GB
- £19 /hr
- Available now
I'm a native English and Arabic speaker residing in Oxford, UK. I work in translation and interpreting on a daily basis, through freelance and consultancy work.
I am alsomore...I'm a native English and Arabic speaker residing in Oxford, UK. I work in translation and interpreting on a daily basis, through freelance and consultancy work.
I am also an FBDO qualified optician and have been practicing for over 11 years. So I'm well aware of delivering customer service and quality in more ways than one!
Area Covered: Translations and interpreting, Optics
Job Title: Arabic Interpreter & Translator
Company: International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC)
Description: * Working terms: fixed-term contract
* Oral interpreting during security meetings, confidential interviews with detained persons, dissemination of Int. Law, message delivery and visits to families of detainees
* Translation of written Arabic (correspondence, letters, newspaper articles etc.) into English, and vice-versa.
* Maintenance and expansion of security interlocutors through regular dialogue and meetings
Job Title: Arabic Proofreader
Company: Refugee Studies Centre, University of Oxford
Description: * Working terms: consultancy.
* Proofreading of journal translated into Arabic for editing.
* Translation of promotional material from English to Arabic.
* Editing and maintenance of Arabic webpages and promotional work with Arabic interlocutors/readership.
Job Title: Arabic Interpreter
Company: Herts Interpreting & Translation Service
Description: * Working terms: freelance
* Sessional interpreting between service providers and end-users in hospitals, schools and all other local government settings
* Consecutive and simultaneous interpreting undertaken, as well as sight translations.
Job Title: English-Arabic Translator
Company: Conflict Casualties Monitor
Description: * Working terms: consultancy
* Arabisation (translation) of the Iraq Body Count website, from English to Arabic including: commentaries, analyses and methodology explanations. Completed website awaiting launch.
Job Title: English-Arabic Translator & Proofreader
Company: Oxford Risk Research & Analysis
Description: Working terms: consultancy
Translation from English-Arabic of a financial-risk taking measure (questionnaire) for a third-party to use with their customers, for validation initially across five countries. The questionnaire consisted of 100-120 questions in English totalling approximately 1500 words, on the subject of risk taking and investments.
Subsequent work included proofreading and cross-checking of final editions of the Arabic questionnaire against the English edition, within strict and very short timeframes.
Field of Study: Politics with Arabic
University / College: School of Oriental & African Studies
Field of Study: Philosophy
University / College: University of Leiden
Field of Study: Ophthalmic Dispensing
University / College: City & Islington College
Degree: DPSI: Diploma in Public Service Interpreting
Field of Study: Local Government
University / College: Herts Interpreting & Translation Service
Arabic Translator & Interpreter