- General Levalle, AR
- £15 /hr
- Available now
As Spanish translator, editor, writer and proofreader, I have strong organizational skills, efficient multi-tasking and effective problem-solving abilities. I am accustomed tomore...As Spanish translator, editor, writer and proofreader, I have strong organizational skills, efficient multi-tasking and effective problem-solving abilities. I am accustomed to working under tight schedules, while always keeping attention to detail. I specialize in different fields, such as Education, Literature, Medicine, Psychology and Human Resources.
Area Covered: Buenos Aires
Work Experience Summary: Some of my career highlights are:
VISTA Higher Learning
Since March 2010, I have worked as a writer, developmental editor, and proofreader.
• Protagonistas, Spanish as a Second Language program. College Level.
INCA Spanish Editorial Services
Since January 2006, I have worked as an editor, proofreader, and prooflistener. Some of the projects I took part in are:
• Harcourt Intervention Math Program, Texas, National & California Editions. Grades 1•4. Prooflistener.
• Harcourt Math Program, Texas, National, California & Florida Editions: Student Edition, Teacher Edition and Ancillaries. Grades K•4. Editor & Proofreader.
• Harcourt Science Program, California Edition: Student Edition, Teacher Edition and Ancillaries. Grades K•2. Editor & Proofreader.
• Harcourt Science Program Readers. Grades K•5 (Below Level, On-Level and Advanced Level). Editor.
Spanish Publishing Group (SPG)
From September 2003 through December 2005, I worked as a writer, translator, editor, proofreader and project manager. Some of the projects I took part in are:
• Scott Foresman Science Program, National: Teacher Edition. Grades 3•5. Project Manager (editing, quality control checks of proofreading rounds; liaison with translators, production and the client).
• Holt Science and Technology Program, Florida: Ancillaries. Project Manager (Project managers: coordination and supervision of the translation, editing, and proofreading teams.).
• Holt Science and Technology Program, National: Student Edition and Ancillaries. Editor. Project Manager Assistant.
• Familias que se PreocupanTM • Un programa para padres con hijos que están entre los grados K y 3. Ayuda para el Éxito Escolar. GuÃa para el LÃder de Taller. Translator.
• Viva el EspaÃ±ol: ’¡Hola! ’¿Qué tal? y ’¡Adelante! Student Edition, Workbook and Teacher Edition (McGraw Hill). SSL. Writer & Proofreader.
• Houghton Mifflin Social Studies Program: New Mexico. Grades K•6. Editor & Proofreader.
Other Relevant Translation Projects:
Waverly Hispánica S.A. (Lippincott Williams & Wilkins)
Spanish in-house translation of medical articles. (2003-2004)
Spanish translation of a series of student appraisal reports for the Individualized Education Program of Los Angeles Unified School District. (2004)
Education Summary: Education
Universidad de Belgrano
Sworn, Technical, Scientific and Literary Translator (2003)
Currently taking a postgraduate course of Certified Copy Editor & Proofreader of Spanish Texts (2010)
Universidad de Belgrano
Portuguese language: Advanced level
AsociaciÃ³n Dante Alighieri
Italian language: Intermediate level
CAT Tools: Wordfast
Adobe Acrobat 7.0 Professional
Spanish Translator, Copyeditor, Proofreader, Transcriber