- Reading, GB
- £50 /hr
- Available now
Working at Logica CGI.
The key strengths that I possess for success in this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
* I have successfully designed, developed, and supported livemore...The key strengths that I possess for success in this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
* I have successfully designed, developed, and supported live use applications
* I am a self-starter.
* Eager to learn new things.
* Strive for continued excellence.
* Provide exceptional contributions to customer service for all customers.
With a MCA degree in Computer Applications, I have a sound understanding of full life cycle of a software development project. I also have experience in learning and excelling at new technologies as needed. My experience includes but is not limited to:
* Customer service and support
* Programming both new applications and maintenance work
* Problem isolation and analysis
* Software performance enhancement
* Application and requirement analysis
* Process improvement and documentation
Please see my attached resume for additional information on my experience.
I can be reached anytime via my cell phone, 077 5834 9236. Thank you for your time and consideration. I look forward to speaking with you about this employment opportunity.
Mohammed A Durrani.
Cell phone: 077 5834 9236.
Area Covered: UK
Work Experience Summary: Professional Experience:
Company: Athena Network Security Solutions P Ltd, Bangalore
Technologies: Java, Eclipse RCP/PDE, SWT, JFace, OSGi, EMF, JUnit, Firebird, Ant, SVN
Sr. Software Engineer, from Feb 2007 to Jun 2010 www.athenasecurity.net www.lisletech.com
• Developed rich GUI applications based on Eclipse Rich Client Platform (RCP). RCP is a rich client application development framework based on Eclipse runtime.
• Handled complete installations, upgrades of software and SQL scripts of the applications.
• Responsible for License Manager Software.
• Developed several widgets, customized default dialog, preferences and wizards.
• Backend programming, writing DAO interfaces and implementations.
• Wrote Junit Test cases for several public method.
• Continuous integration with CruiseControl.
• Involved in development of 3 flagship family of products:
o Athena Firewall Browser: This is a first and only tool to search firewall rules, network and service objects based on IP Address, Object name, ports.
o AthenaFirePAC: Athena FirePAC is an easy to use and install, firewall analysis tool with essential must-have capabilities for every network engineer.
o AthenaVerify: Athena Verify offers an instantaneous and comprehensive view of the access policy across the network. Applicable to either homogenous or cross-platform, multiple vendor, heterogeneous environments, it measures compliance to industry best practices by analyzing the network’s fundamental design. AthenaVerify - is listed as Nasscom’s top 100 innovative products.
• I used Eclipse 3.3(Europa), JDK 1.5, Firebird 2.1 RDBMS. All the above said products are developed using Eclipse RCP, and share common UIs[plug-ins], dialogs[customized dialogs, wizards, preferences etc] and widgets[like Filtering, IpAddress Composite] between them. I am also familiar with OSGi, of registering and using the context reference in another plug-in. Menus and views are in separate plug-ins, and user sees only items which his/her license supports. Licensing and Installer are also handled by me.
• We initially started the project with Hibernate, but due to performance issues moved to JDBC.
• For almost all the public business logic methods, we write JUnit test cases, and use Cruise Control for Continuous integration, where JUnits are a part of the Ant Build Scripts. For source control, we use Subversion (SVN).
Company: Celestials Technologies, Bangalore
Technologies: Documentum/DFC, Java/Swing, MySQL
Team Lead and working partner from Jan 2005 to Feb 2007
Documentum Filer: Filer provides sophisticated way to manage the documents. Information about files were scattered with different organization maintaining their own file structure. The aim of this Filer Application has been to develop a centralized electronic version of this file to facilitate storing, retrieving and browsing documents across organizations. Also, to generate implementation strategies for scanning old files. The Filer application performs the following operations:
• Tightly controlled environment for loading files to the pre-determined folder in Documentum.
• Automatic classification of document based on defined location as per business requirement.
• Single point of access for uploading and browsing all file documents of a project.
• Shared access to file documents across the organization, thus avoiding duplicates.
• Streamlined process flows of the file document generation.
• Supports secure and paper-less environment.
Routing Management: ARMS (Automated Routing Management System) is a product developed to automatically assign the Cabs to pick up the passengers through the minimum shortest route using a specific Algorithm. This product will find all routes between the given Source and Destination and assign the Cabs in an optimum way. Optimum routes, passengers count, cab capacity, distance traveling and time taken are the main actors that are taken into consideration while assigning the Cabs. This System enables users to prepare effective transport schedules for depot operations. It includes preparation of monthly Trip Sheet, Invoice and presenting the overall project reports.
Point of Sale System: Point of Sale is a product developed to achieve the Counter Sales in trading and retail business. Requires minimum keystrokes and the mouse clicks are seldom required. The system handles discounts, taxes, returns, credits and sale specials in one easy transaction. It applies automatic discounts or preferred price levels to special products. Supports dormant (Inactive) Sale with the ability to save and retrieve for further active sale. Supports both ordered purchase as well as direct purchase order system.
• Managed and supervised a team (10+) of professional developers and testers.
• Responsible for client interactions, requirement gathering.
• Advised clients on the new technology & tools available.
• Optimizing queries and using cache wherever required for performance.
• Handling of Technical Design & Leadership.
• Creation of project plan, resource schedule, project tracking, costs and billing.
• Manage and work with third party vendors and interface designs.
• Manage user requirements and expectation.
• Reporting to clients on a daily & weekly basis about the problem reports.
• Facilitates decisions on difficult issues by taking actions to ensure relevant analysis is completed, clients are consulted, and required organizational support is built.
• Website/product optimization.
• Preparing Database Schema, Query optimization, Installed MySQL with clustering
• Ensuring continuity, availability and accessibility of production websites.
• Developing, testing and deploying of application enhancements.
• Sharing knowledge and experience with team members.
• Goal settings for the team members and tracks the goals are met on a monthly basis.
• Engages staff and motivate the team to produce results.
Company: Cybernet Software Solutions P Ltd, Chennai
Technologies: PHP, Shell Scripting, PostgreSQL, Oracle 8, Linux, Apache
Systems Analyst, from Sep 2004 to Dec 2004, www.cybernetsoft.com
SourceForge Enterprise Edition (SFEE): SFEE connects disparate tools and teams to improve development efficiency while giving the real-time visibility and control to keep projects on track.
• Responsible to fix problem reports
• Build releases for Linux and Solaris operating systems.
• Coordinate with team members and make service packs for clients.
Company: Comat Technologies P Ltd, Bangalore
Technologies: Java/JSP, C++, PHP, Oracle, PostgreSQL, MySQL, Linux, Tomcat and Apache
Senior Software Developer, from May 2000 to Sep 2004 www.comat.com
Government Services Infrastructure (GSI): The admin tool is used to control the users, roles and groups of the application. Also the Activites, Processes are controlled through XML documents. Scheduler admin is the module, which is used to control the activities and processes.
ID Card with PDF417 Matrix Code: This application is used to generate matrix code (PDF417) for the electoral id cards. It creates matrix codes based on user’s personnel data and prints or generates the unique jpeg file. It has multi-lingual support for saving and retrieving English as well as Hindi data.
DBonNet: http://www.forcs.org/dbonnet : This project was done for Forcs, who deal with the disabled children database. The three types of users, viz., admin, reader and users use this application. Admin have full control of the site. Reader can just only read the data and users are those, who add details. Reports are also generated as per clients requirement.
Stock Market Charts: http://www.axier.se : This Swedish portal dealing with stock markets. My development involved retrieval of data from other stock market sites (20 pages) and store them in database. There is a cron job, which retrieves data from source sites, every 10 minutes, during trading hours of stock exchange markets. Graphs of kind, Close, OHLC and Moving averages are generated.
Intranet employee timesheet tracker: Developed an application for capturing daily timesheets, leave applications of the employees. Various types of reports are generated for management. The Domain Name Servers, which are maintained by Comat Technologies P Ltd, are also maintained by an application developed in Intranet. Here the zone files and named.conf files are created by this application. DNS management programs were written in C++ on Linux platform.
• Single handedly managed projects for various clients.
• Requirement gathering, development, implementation
• Responsible to fix problem reports
• Build releases for Linux and Solaris operating systems.
• Worked individually in most projects
• Responsible for requirement gathering, design, development, testing and implementation.
• Developed “proof of concept” applications,
• Established online systems for tracking employee timesheet and resource utilization.
Education Summary: Academic Profile:
• Master\'s Degree in Computer Applications (M.C.A., 1997 - 2000)
• Bachelor Degree in Mathematics, (B.Sc., 1994 - 1997)