- Karachi, PK
- $15 /hr
- Available now
Backoffice Operations including Accounting
I am an ACCA qualified accountant having a strong academic background with additional qualifications as BA(Hons) in Accounting and Finance (UK) and MSc Computation (UK). I havemore...I am an ACCA qualified accountant having a strong academic background with additional qualifications as BA(Hons) in Accounting and Finance (UK) and MSc Computation (UK). I have been working in banking and trading companies for over 6 years. Recently, I have started a company which specialises in providing accounting outsourcing services to our valuable clients overseas. Furthermore, I have been teaching both A-Levels and MBA for accounting subjects.
We are willing to work as per clients project requirements. We have a team of junior accountants who are well versed with accounting concepts and techniques along with ability to work with professionalism and time commitment. We are more focused on the quality and not quantity of work which we do.
Area Covered: Anywhere
Company Name: Niatah Corporation
Work Experience Summary: 6 Jun.’05 • To date NIATAH CORPORATION, Karachi • Accounts Manager
I have been working in the capacity of Accounts Manager with the head office of Niatah Corporation. The company is involved in various business activities including import and distribution of gas appliances, mechanical installations of various commercial and industrial gas appliances and building construction. My current responsibilities involve performing all the day-to-day accounting activities including maintenance of company records both manually and on in-house accounting software. Furthermore, I am involved in budget planning, purchase ordering, sales records, filing of sales tax and income tax returns and various other activities. The major achievement has been assisting in the development of in-house accounting software satisfying all business needs along with regular updates.
16 Sept.’02 • 13 Apr.’05 HABIB BANK AG ZURICH, Karachi • Manager
After an initial six-month management training program at Habib Bank AG Zurich, Main Branch I was assigned to the Treasury Department. In 2003, I was promoted to Deputy Manager from Officer A. In the treasury department after going through an extensive training inclusive of various concepts in various banking areas, I have worked at both money market and foreign currency desks. I was then assigned as Treasury Corporate Finance Manager and was promoted as Manager for the year 2004 appraisals. I had been performing the following responsibilities in lieu of various positions in the treasury department:
Money Market Dealer:
• Running the overall money market position of the bank.
• Managing the liquidity position of the bank, keeping under consideration the management objectives for liquidity.
• Monitoring the rates of local market and based upon local economic indicators forecasting the rates outlook.
• Monitoring global economic conditions and implying their effect on the local market.
• Trading in various risk free securities like Pakistan Investment Bonds and Treasury Bills for investment purposes.
Foreign Exchange Dealer:
• Ensuring that all Nostro balances are maintained appropriately in order to avoid any Over Draft on any of the accounts maintained abroad.
• Deal in inter bank market for USD and third currencies.
• Perform Arbitrage by way of rates differential through SWAPs.
• Prepare a weekly research report on the inter bank forex market, which includes the latest economic indicators and on the basis of these macro economic indicators / market news forecasts the future forex currency market.
• Manage the position created by trade business of the bank by way of buying & selling at appropriate rates.
• Monitor the movements in international currencies, considers the overall changing economic scenario of the world and accordingly takes positions in the third currencies to reap profit.
• Prepare Gap Charts, O/s SWAP Sheet and cover gaps appropriately.
Corporate Finance Manager:
• Investing in various Corporate Bonds such as Term Finance Certificates) either in Pre-IPO or through secondary market purchases after making a thorough financial & management analysis of the company.
• Investigating opportunities available in the market for investment purposes and updating, discussing and obtaining views from the senior management on the prospective avenues.
• Preparing memorandums for approval by ALCO by way of a comprehensive proposal, which incorporates complete history, financial statement analysis through various ratios, total indebtedness, bank’s risk vis-Ã -vis net return, company and industry analysis in view of the external environment and cash flow generating capability through ongoing operations.
• Involving in syndication participation through analyzing syndication proposal, preparing memorandum, reviewing legal documents, obtaining legal advice, seeking approval from ALCO and finalizing the syndication transaction.
• Involving in investment in mutual funds offered by various financial institutions.
• Participating in issues relating to Bankers to Offer and also making investments in equity market.
• Reviewing existing investments, on a continuous basis, made by the bank for their viability and profitability and submitting regular reports to the senior management.
• Assessing the corporate limits authorized by the ALCO and recommend for any possible enhancement or reduction.
• On a regular basis, after studying the market and the current economic indicators preparing update reports for treasury dealing room.
21 Jun.’99 • 30 Jun.’00 IT WAREHOUSE, London • Accounts Analyst
I was required to provide assistance in the development of company’s financial accounts set-up as per the requirements of company’s directors while working closely with company’s managers and computer analysts. Bookkeeping was also a key part of my job requirement, which involved me working on different accounting tasks such as preparing of VAT returns, Sales/Purchase Ledgers, bank reconciliation, invoice ledger.
Education Summary: Dec - 2003 PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATION • ACCA Affiliate
The Association of Chartered Certified Accountants
Performance: Passed First Attempt
• IBP Banking Diploma: Stage I Passed 3 papers.
2000 - 2001 MSc COMPUTATION
University of Manchester Institute of Science and Technology
Degree Performance: Obtained Pass (68%)
Modules: Principle of Computer Systems, High-Level Programming (JAVA), Foundations of Computation, Software Analysis and Design, Database and Data management, Research and Professional Development, Human Computer Interaction, Computer Supported Cooperative Work and Systems Integration.
Lakeland Airways’ project (88%): I have been awarded an achievement letter and cash prize from IBM for a group project I was involved in for MSc module • Software Analysis and Design. This project required detailed analysis of company data, using different modeling and evaluation techniques and finally providing a business case for the company.
MSc Dissertation: Information Retrieval Using JAVA Links (78%) I worked on MSc dissertation project, which involved applying different storage techniques on a database, stored on the university server, including indexing and applying rules of porter stemming and finally producing information retrieval techniques using JAVA. This also involved producing a web-based user interface to provide links to the database allowing the user to interact with the program. Tools that I have used for this project are SQL, Servlet, JDBC, JAVA and HTML.
1996 - 1999 BA (ECON) (HONS) ACCOUNTING AND FINANCE
The University Of Manchester
Degree Performance: Obtained 2(I)
Major Modules: Computerized Accounting Systems, Management Information Systems, Advanced Mathematics and Statistics for Economists, Share prices and Information, Accountability and Auditing, Information and Incentives, Foundations of Finance, Financial Reporting, Cost and Management Accounting, Investment Analysis and Operational Research.
Final year project: Financial Analysis in a Business Context (68%) This project involved analyzing and detailing the progress of an IT company Real Time Control plc’, based on its past ten year accounts and other economical factors. This project also included a special report underlining the impact of contingencies like Euro and Millennium Bug and the precautions necessary to prevent failure in the long run taken by the computer industry as a whole and the company under discussion.
Mohammad Omer J.
Certified Chartered Accountant