I build accessible, useful web applications using a variety of open-source tools. I specialise in building apps that make it easy to add, edit and update your data - however complicatedmore...I build accessible, useful web applications using a variety of open-source tools. I specialise in building apps that make it easy to add, edit and update your data - however complicated it may be. I have recently developed:
* A company intranet to track hours worked by each staff member, holidays and scheduling.
* A lettings agency web-app used by a number of estate agents to manage available properties and landlord/tenant information.
* A time tracking web app for a logistics company which allows them to easily add new employees and generate reports based on hours worked. Drivers can use the system to log their own hours, which are instantly available in the automatically generated PDF reports.
In addition to web development, I also design and implement a wide variety of applications and server architectures to help clients achieve their aims. Some recent projects I have worked on are:
* Deploying Asterisk for a company with five offices on three continents. A server in each office now allows calls to be routed anywhere in the world for the cost of a local rate call. Customers are able to get 24-hour support by calling a local rate number, and the call is routed to the office with available support staff.
* Building an automated server installation system, based on Puppet and Kickstart, which allows a web hosting company to deploy fresh servers without any manual effort.
As well as a range of technical skills I also have experience with project management, and can help plan your project so you end of with the most useful product at the end of the process.
Area Covered: UK
Company Name: n/a
Industry: Information Technology
Work Experience Summary: - Ten years experience as a Linux systems administrator/developer
-- Three years working as a sysadmin for an open-source CMS company, supporting the web infrastructure that hosts a number of high traffic sites
-- Currently working for a global non-profit organisation as a systems and network engineer, part of a team responsible for the IT infrastructure.
- Eight years development experience, producing easy to use web apps, primarily for internal use within companies.