- London, GB
- £15 /hr
- Available now
I am a London-based freelance writer with extensive journalistic and marketing experience. I have an excellent ability to communicate and get to the interesting heart of things.
more...I am a London-based freelance writer with extensive journalistic and marketing experience. I have an excellent ability to communicate and get to the interesting heart of things.
I\'ve been a staff journalist for four years and a freelancer for two. I have four years of public relations experience as well.
I have a particularly expert knowledge of the UK construction, architecture and built environment sustainability scene and a growing knowledge of other business areas.
I decided to go freelance for 2010 after spending two exciting years as a (mainly news) writer leading trade, Building magazine.
Since then, I\'ve written corporate newsletters for the UK\'s largest housing warrant insurer and a Dutch chemical conglomerate and pitch letters for a window manufacturer.
I\'ve also continued with my journalism, having articles published in Building magazine and 25 Beautiful Homes, a leading interior design magazine.
Before Building, I helped set up workplace magazine OnOffice magazine, where I was assistant editor and mostly wrote features.
In the 90s, I was four years in agency PR where I specialised in law and technology, so unlike a lot of journalists, I have a marketing background as well.
I now split my time between writing features (as opposed to news) and helping corporate clients get their message across.
So if you could use some of my news-gleaned simplicity and zing or features-derived sparkle and humour to get your message across, please do get in touch.
Highlights of the year so far have been:
- Putting together the first quarterly edition of a new title for warrant provider, National House Building Council
- Writing what I hope will be the first of many interior design profiles, this one for 25 Beautiful Homes.
- Receiving a second commission for Homeworks, a new home-related lifestyle magazine to be distributed with the Guardian from May.
- Helping a green energy measurement start up come up with a marketing plan and gearing up to help them with this and their PR.
Let me share my enthusiasm with you. Send me a message.
Area Covered: London, remote working
Summary: - Four years staff writing experience on leading trade magazines
- Four years public relations experience working for technology firms.
- Excellent networking skills.
- A can-do attitude that makes me an excellent ally in any venture.
- References on request
Company: onoffice magazine
Description: Feature article on outstanding cladding.
Company: Building magazine
Description: Wonders and Blunders column, detailing celebrities' least and most favourite buildings. Bi-monthly job.
Education Summary: - 2:1 degree in English from University College London
- National Council for Training of Journalists Diploma in Newspaper Journalism.
Experienced Writer and Journalist