- London, GB
- £7 /hr
- Available now
I am a qualified and experienced IT Support / Systems Engineer currently looking for freelance/contract work. I am also experienced in network setup/support/, desktop/server support,more...I am a qualified and experienced IT Support / Systems Engineer currently looking for freelance/contract work. I am also experienced in network setup/support/, desktop/server support, user security/domain management and telephony support to name a few.
Please look at my profile for more information regarding my skills/experience and if you require any further information, please don't hesitate to contact me.
Area Covered: London
Work Experience Summary: • Helpdesk/Desktop Support: User support over the phone, email and desk side (First, second and third line) including all versions of MS office and Windows OS.
• Windows/Linux Server administration: Windows and Linux Server administration, domain administration with DHCP and DNS including active directory and group/security policy management.
• Virtualization: Server Virtualization and maintenance on VMware and Sun VirtualBox including backup and recovery of Virtual Machines.
• Network Security and Administration: Configuring Routers and Firewalls (ISA, Watchguard, Smoothwall/IPCop, IPChains), Remote Access Solutions (RAS, VPN, RDP) and internet security including anti-virus, anti-spyware and web-filtration (Squid, Dansguardian)
• Web/Email Server and Database Administration: Configuration and administration of Web, FTP , Email and Database servers based on IIS, WAMP, LAMP, MSSQL, MySQL ProFTPD, Postfix, Courier and Microsoft Exchange 2003.
• Telephony Administration and Maintenance: Phone system Administration (Avaya IPOffice, Avaya Aura, Callmedia), Handset Patching and Configuration. Voicemail and IVR configuration.
• Hardware Installation and Upgrade: Installation, deployment and upgrades of workstations (Ghost, Acronis, Clonezilla), servers and network components (Routers, Firewalls, Switches) including cabling and patching.
• Data Backup Management and Disaster Recovery: Planning and implementing disaster recovery solutions. Configuring Backup Solutions including Veritas Netbackup and Symantec Backup exec.
Education Summary: Microsoft: MCP, MCSA (Messaging), MCSE, MCTS (Windows 7)
IT Server/Network Support Engineer