- Cardiff, GB
- £30 /hr
- Available now
I am a freelance graphic designer based in Cardiff UK, and have been creating in the field for nearly 10 years.
I am a highly adaptable designer and recent work has sent memore...I am a freelance graphic designer based in Cardiff UK, and have been creating in the field for nearly 10 years.
I am a highly adaptable designer and recent work has sent me off creating for the music and entertainments industry, retail and catering and corporate branding. Work has included CD artwork & packaging, flyers, posters, web design, advertising and editorial design, promotional flyer designs, marketing collateral, promotional material, menus, stationary, and photography.
Visually, my main aim is to create a simplistic, yet communicative idea that attaches itself well to the product or project and when required, I work closely with the client in order to achieve this effectively.
Area Covered: Cardiff, Bristol, Bath
Work Experience Summary: 2005 - Present: Freelance Graphic Designer
Alumo (Freelance Graphic Design), Cardiff, UK
- Page layout - Photographic retouching - Professional photography - Preparation of files for output
- Working in a freelance capacity providing a full graphic design service for existing clients in Cardiff plus additional companies in the South Wales area.
- Offering a full creative design service to existing creative and marketing companies on an hourly or price per project basis.
- Liaising directly with clients to discuss business objectives and job requirements. - Ensuring a high degree of professionalism when responding to briefs.
2005 - Present: Graphic Designer
Circular Music Events, Design & Marketing, Cardiff, UK
- Design and marketing promotional material for Cardiff based music promotion company.
- Weekly layout of posters, flyers, advertisments for both print and digital publication. - Website design and and liaising regularly with printers and distributors. - Ensuring artwork is completed accurately and to an extremely high standard.
2002 - 2005
Legal & General Retail Investments AMP NPI Insurance, Customer Services Cardiff, South Wales, UK
- Design, authoring and implementation of company literature and training documentation. - Dealing with customers online and administration of tax and residential information using databases
and dedicated in-house client administration systems. - Administration and upkeep of dedicated content management systems. - Regular use of spreadsheets, office tools and presentation software. - Working on a contract basis via Adecco and Kelly Services recruitment.
Education Summary: 1996 - 1999
University of Wales Institute, Cardiff, UK
BA (Hons) Industrial Design
1995 - 1996
Cardiff Institute of Higher Education, UK
National Diploma in Art & Design
1988 - 1995
Cowbridge Comprehensive, Vale of Glamorgan, UK
General Certificate of Secondary Education - 10 passes, Grades C and above. âï¿½ï¿½Aâï¿½ï¿½ Level in Art & Design, including Award of Excellence in Art & Design.