- London, GB
- £35 /hr
- Available now
Highly proficient senior software engineer with 10+ years experience in building large bespoke high performance systems and mobile solutions , EAI and e-Commerce applications formore...Highly proficient senior software engineer with 10+ years experience in building large bespoke high performance systems and mobile solutions , EAI and e-Commerce applications for major blue chip clients and SME using OO, Java, C#, Objective-C, SQL, UML, Agile. Focus on application development for mobile devices, PocketPC, Android, Blackberry and iPhone.
Area Covered: London
Work Experience Summary: www.mobilenetsolutions.com Mobile Net Solutions Bespoke Mobile Development
October 2008 • Present
• Gmove www.gmove.mobi File iPhone Remote Manager
iPhone application adding OTA file-browsing and attachment capabilities to the Apple iPhone. Complex native (Objective-C) application using a variety of Cocoa technologies: SOAP over Https, XMPP, media player, content viewer for large images, SQLite, camera import, image picker.
Mac and Linux client developed in Java. PC client developed in C#. Backend developed in EJB3.0, Seam and Hibernate in Java (JBoss, Tomcat, Memcached, MySQL). Hosting at Amazon EC2. Google AdSense. Application is available at the Apple AppStore.
• Android. Gmove prototype developed for the Android platform in Java J2ME and submitted to the Google Developer Challenge I. Complex multi-threading MIDP application including secure REST authentication service, XMPP stack, reliable messaging and content viewer.
• Shopping Solution WAP - Saatchi & Saatchi and Hero Software
ASP based shopping application compatible to large number of handsets.
• Playground Inspector Microsoft PocketPC Solution • Mensah Software
Pocket PC based application (Compact Framework C#) using Microsoft SQL Compact Edition. Rich User interface for inspection of playgrounds and data synchronisation over USB to central storage.
• Mobile Tariff Comparison Solution • Mensah Software
.NET based application developed in C# to compare mobile tariffs.
www.thinktechnologygroup.com Think Technology UK LTD
2005 • 2008
• Development of a Microsoft PocketPC based in-vehicle despatch systems for taxis, private hire and courier. The system includes full job cycle, GPS location services, reliable messaging, credit card clearance and signature capture.
• Clustered HA GPRS/3G HA messaging gateway to allow NAT traversal and reliable push messaging to mobile clients.
• UI Design for Microsoft PDA used while driving with customized widgets.
• Backend system integration over MSMQ with open API to allow fast integration into different fleet management systems.
• Callout VOIP application based on the Asterisk PBX system including Loquendo TTS for personalized voice messages.
Clients include Radio Taxis, Comcab, Blueback, Matrix, Chauffeur Force and others (1000+ vehicle)
www.dietrich-chidlow.co.uk Dietrich-Chidlow LLP
2003 • 2004
• Development of Microsoft PDA based in-vehicle despatch system Xpert for Xeta black cab fleet in London. One of the first commercial systems designed for the HTC XDA I (O2), later XDA II. Including client design and development in C# Compact Framework, UI design with customized Widgets, GPRS Gateway (.NET, Microsoft SQL Server) and Integration Adapter (MSMQ) into Cantech system. Tomtom integration with low level (C++) GPS stream splitter.
www.netdecisions.co.uk Netdecisions LTD (www.agilisys.co.uk Agilisys)
Senior Software Engineer / Software Development Manager
1998 • 2003
I joined Internet start-up Netdecisions, the fastest growing IT Company in Europe in 2001, as one of the first employees. I worked in a variety of roles from HTML/ASP Developer to Software Development Manager.
• Software Development Manager for large scale HA solution - Alliance Boots
Managing a team of 25+ building and supporting a web based HA order system deployed over 45 machines in 5 countries over AIX and Linux. System combines a Java middle tier with proprietary load balancer with IBM MQ, DB2, Perl front end parser, Citrix and other technologies.
• Java Developer for X.25 messaging to IVR application (Nuance) at Fluency in Cambridge for National Express.
• Oracle/PL-SQL Developer for large scale EAI project for Marconi.
• Java Development and Deployment for Multi vendor shopping basket for Emap. HA system with DB2 mirror and Websphere cluster deployed at IBM Portsmouth.
• Java Architect/Developer online specification tool for the building industry for Emap. Java solution.
• Java/LDAP Solution Developer for NPower. LDAP registration service.
• Java and Script developer for Tobit David Voice Mail System. Implementation and integration of a voice mail system for a dating site owned by Carphone Warehouse.
• Java Developer for complex on-line tracking solution for Excel. Java solution based on Silverstream. Application server.
• ASP Developer web-portal for TV production for Emap. Rich web-portal build in Microsoft ASP (VB) and Microsoft SQL server.
• ASP Developer for one-stop shop package holiday site for Thompson. Large web project including Java Applets and Autonomy Search functions build in ASP (VB) and Microsoft SQL server.
• ASP Developer learning portal for the BBC. ASP (VB) based solution including T-SQL procedures.
• HTML Developer for Coca Cola
1997 • 1998
• HTML and CGI-Perl for small business.
• Java Applets
Senior Software Engineer