- Islamabad, PK
- £30 /hr
- Available now
Having extensive knowledge and experience in the fields of Accounting, Auditing and finance, I can provide all sorts of services related to these areas.
Area Covered: All
Workmore...Having extensive knowledge and experience in the fields of Accounting, Auditing and finance, I can provide all sorts of services related to these areas.
Area Covered: All
Work Experience Summary: Currently I am working in Pakistan Mobile Communications Limited (PMCL) as Senior Manager Finance. PMCL is a subsidiary of Orascom Telecom Egypt. It is the largest GSM Operator in Pakistan holding more than 30% of the total market share. My primary responsibilities in PMCL include:
I) Development/ updation of group wide corporate accounting policies and procedures manual in line with the requirements of International financial reporting standards.
II) Ensuring that all the transaction and events are accounted for in accordance with the requirements of International Financial Reporting Standards, specifically accounting for complex hedging transactions and derivative financial instruments.
III) Finalization of monthly management accounts of PMCL on individual and consolidated basis for each month end within first week of following month.
IV) Comparison of actual monthly financial results with budgets/ forecasts. Analyses and investigation of resulting differences.
V) Monthly reporting of financial results to Parent Company using Hyperion reporting system (Financial & Planning Modules).
VI) Finalization of quarterly, half yearly and annual financial statements of PMCL and group financial statements of PMCL and its subsidiaries in accordance with the requirements of International Financial Reporting Standards.
VII) Coordinating with the auditors (both internal and external) during quarterly and half yearly reviews and annual audits.
VIII) Constantly reviewing reporting processes to identify any weaknesses in internal controls over financial reporting and suggesting and implementing corrective measures.
IX) Acting as a member of Finance Committee of PMD (as associated concern).
Previously I served in PWC Islamabad for about four and half years. My responsibilities in PWC included:
- Audit planning and assessment of business risks and audit risks envisaged therewith
- Developing audit strategy and preparing audit programs responsive to risk assessments, analytical review and finalization of accounting data, preparation of financial statements and drafting reports
- Study and evaluation of accounting and internal control systems, identifying weaknesses in internal controls and recommending improvements to the management
- Delegation of job responsibilities and supervision of audit staff
- Corresponding with client management and professionals regarding accounting, auditing, tax and administrative issues
- Time budgeting for audits and other assignments, overall job administration and meeting deadlines
- Decision-making for resolution of critical reportable matters
- Participation in client’s Audit Committee, Board of Directors and Annual General Meetings
- Preparation of proposals for potential clients
- Evaluating performance of team members
Education Summary: I am a qualified Chartered Accountant from the Institute of Chartered Accountants Pakistan. In addition, I have also qualified CFA Level - 1 from CFA Institute, USA.
Senior Manager Finance