- Cardiff, GB
- £40 /hr
- Available now
Looking for more Ruby on Rails jobs!
I am a freelance software developer based in Cardiff, Wales (UK) who specialises in delivering quality web applications.
I've been developing commercial web applicationsmore...I am a freelance software developer based in Cardiff, Wales (UK) who specialises in delivering quality web applications.
I've been developing commercial web applications since 1997 - building large-scale web sites, mainly for the government and education industries, utilising the following technologies :-
Ruby on Rails
Java (Apache Tomcat, WebLogic, J2EE)
SQL (MySQL, Oracle)
XHTML, CSS, XML, XSLT
Web Services (REST, SOAP APIs)
Main achievements :
- Developed Prices UK application, a price comparison mobile app for iOS developed in Objective-C
- Founded, developed and ran own business selling Datafeed Studio product, a powerful PHP5 application that creates dynamic price comparison web sites and online stores.
- Project Leader of European Business Register (EBR) development team with a proven track record of delivering milestones on time and within budget. Taught and mentored junior developers. Organised and hosted several international meetings and developer workshops.
- Won large EBR system contract for employers in 2001 with a complete functional and technical speciï¬cation that replaced a legacy ASN.1/X400 based system with modern Java, XML and Web Service technology.
- Senior member of team that implemented the Companies House Direct subscription based website winner of the Computer Weekly Award for Excellence in the year 2000 (E- Government category).
- Technical architect of “WebCheck” a public sector website based on Apache/mod_perl offering immediate access to company information on over 2 million companies, including integration with secure banking system provided by NetBanx to handle online credit-card payments.
Area Covered: Wales
Industry: Information Technology
Work Experience Summary: Oct 2007•Present • Independent Software Vendor (mISV) DatafeedStudio.com / Freelance Developer
Mar 2005-Sep 2007 - Senior Developer / Team Lead (Contract), CHIPS Project, Companies House, Cardiff
Apr 2004-Feb 2005 • Lead Developer / Architect (Contract), Sequence Collective Ltd, Cardiff
Oct 2001-Mar 2004 • Senior Software Engineer / Project Lead, Orchid Telematics (part of Reuters Group), EBR department
Oct 1997-Sep 2001 • Application Developer, Orchid Telematics, Companies House department
Education Summary: 1998 - Oracle PL/SQL Certified.
1994-1997 • B. Sc. (Hons.) Computer Science from Cardiff University.
1992-1994 • BTEC National Diploma in Computer Studies (with Distinction) from Carmarthenshire College of
Technology and Art, Llanelli.
Independent Software Developer
Unbelievable guy. Major problems on a bespoke database website, fixed in a couple of hours. Highly recommended.
Great Job, Good Communication and reliable
Martin clearly knows Ruby on Rails very well, and is also happy to offer advice to those of us who don't know it quite as well!
Excellent service by Martin - he is first class both in his communication and execution.
At every stage I knew what he was working on and we have "bugs" that needed fixing on a site that Martin had not worked on previously but that didn't prove a problem.
Really helped out in a tricky situation. Thanks a lot.
A pleasure to work with Martin. Very organised with a problem solving attitude that delivered exactly what we wanted. Recommended.
Martin was a great help. Highly recommended.
Excellent as always A*****
Excellent and quick as always.
Excellent as always.
Quick and excellent work as usual, thanks!
Brilliant, thanks again for the quick work!
Worked with Martin on various projects and he has been extremely helpful when we have worked on things together. Very proactive and professional. Thanks Martin
We hired Martin to do some work on our servers, migrating information and inspecting a few things. He was very responsive and worked very quickly. I am really happy with his work and guys like him are hard to find. Thanks Martin! Highly recommended.