- Newcastle upon Tyne, GB
- £12 /hr
- Available now
I am an experienced and flexible freelance Graphic/Web Designer and artist. I have a Ba (Hons) Degree in Graphic Design. I have been practicing professionally since 2005.
Imore...I am an experienced and flexible freelance Graphic/Web Designer and artist. I have a Ba (Hons) Degree in Graphic Design. I have been practicing professionally since 2005.
I have worked on many projects in that time, from logo/branding and promotional material for small business start ups to working with local councils to design & print editorial publications.
- Full branding, conception and art direction of Kenaz - a creative writing magazine for 2 years.
- Branding and promotional material for Kitch-en Contemporary Urban Art Gallery.
- Being a visiting Lecturer at The University of Teesside providing tutorial support and delivering a variety of design related summer school courses.
I currently design & manage all promotional, marketing & web materials for a few small companies in Newcastle alongside having fun as an urban artist exhibiting in independent galleries around the UK.
I am honest in my approach to all projects, large or small. I prefer to work one to one with the client to build up a good working relationship and rapor. I stick to quotes and deadlines, even if it means pulling an all nighter. I understand the importance of good design and I am happy to offer advice and suggestions for improvements but will equally honour a clients wishes.
My services include:
- Design for print:
Press Advertisements | Flyers/leaflets | Posters | Logos | Business Stationary | Editorial Design
- Design for web & screen:
Photoshop layouts/artworking | CSS Layouts/templates | Building and designing static websites in Dreamweaver | Setting up & building CMS based websites | Search Engine Optimization (SEO) for existing and new websites.
- Design for merchandise and products:
T-shirts | Badges | Greeting Cards
- Project management and art direction
Marketing Campaigns & Concepts | Magazines | Advertising | Promotional Events
Area Covered: Newcastle based can serve all of North East England and UK wide.
Summary: - 3 years running my own design & marketing company providing services to small business and local authorities.
- 2 years as art director of Kenaz, a creative arts magazine for the Tees Valley area. Managing contributions from writers and artists; layout and page design; sourcing other designers and illustrators to design page-spreads to accompany creative writing.
- 5 years as in-house designer for Ek Zuban Publishing, a small publishing company based in the Tees Valley. Designing all book & magazine covers and internal layouts/typography.
- 2 years as in-house designer for Ridley Properties. Logo redesign; website redesign and SEO; maintaining website and keeping high rankings in google; press advertisements; business stationary.
- 1 year as Part time Lecturer for Vocational GCSE Graphic Design at Cleveland College of Art & Design
- 3 years as visiting Lecturer at The University of Teesside teaching Graphic Design
- 2 years as in-house designer for Kitch-en Contemporary Urban Art Gallery. Logo/branding; gallery fitting/interior design; promotional material for exhibitions & events; website design, creation & maintenance including full SEO service; online marketing including e-newsletters, social networking site designs, blogs etc.
Description: Kitch-en logo/branding/visual identity.
Website design, layout and maintenance.
Business card design and print.
Letterhead design and print.
Education Summary: Ba (Hons) Degree - Graphic Design: 2:1
BTEC National Diploma Graphic Design: Distinction
A Level Photography: B
Graphic/Web Designer | Graphic Artist/Illustrator