- Syosset, NY, US
- £7 /hr
- Available now
Mark Ward is a seasoned Business Architect with >16yrs experience assessing teams, processes & technologies to meet efficiency & effectiveness goals that yield savings.more...Mark Ward is a seasoned Business Architect with >16yrs experience assessing teams, processes & technologies to meet efficiency & effectiveness goals that yield savings. Mark's very unique experience measuring and influencing Customer Experiences across multiple communications channels allows him to bring a powerful set of analytic & creative tools to bear on many new & challenging business scenarios.
Mark's illustration of the robust and rich solutions developed under his leadership can be communicated at any level of the organization, from the staff impacted by changes to the C-Level suite in order to connect the work at hand to bottom line success. As a result of any engagement, his work connects to 'tell a story' showing where things are today through to the future state vision including the necessary steps to realize success.
Using a unique flair for numbers & a presentation style that easily breaks down huge data sets to specific relevant points (which illustrate 'the story'), he easily digests data sets others find formidable and finds meaningful trends that influence success. The point throughout the 'telling of the story' is to identify relevant data points, actionable recommendations, and then cost justify them in preparation for assessment by your leadership team.
Dozens of organizations have leveraged this expertise across both geographic & industry lines:
Financial Svcs / Life / P&C Insurers
• AXA Financial / Equitable Life Insurance
• Met Life
• Morgan Stanley
Law Firms / Lawyers
• Mayer Brown, LLP
Medical / Pharmaceutical / Health Insurers
• BCBS Orgs (CT, MT, NJ, NY)
• Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center
• Pfizer Pharmaceutical
Media / Advertising
• Publicis Groupe / Re:Sources (shared IT services)
• XM Radio
Public Service / Utilities
• NYS Dept of Labor
• Tucson Electric Power of AZ
• Bharti Airtel (largest Indian wireless svcs provider)
• Qwest Communications
Process Analysis, Solution Justification, Request for Proposal &/or Response Creation/Assessment, Service Portfolio Management, Engagement Management, C-Level Communication, Analytics, Metrics, Reporting, Forecasting, Call Center, IVR, ASR, TTS, VXML, SOA, Office Productivity, Efficiency, Effectiveness, Scalable, Repeatable, Predictable, Inbound, Containment, Customer Experience, Branding, Enterprise Architecture, Mail, Records Management, Word Processing, Help Desk, VoIP
Area Covered: Greater New York City Area
Job Title: Knowledge & Client Solutions
Company: Swiss Post Solutions, Inc.
Description: Mark currently serves on the Knowledge & Client Solutions ("KCS") team developing the IT & Call Center business from the NYC headquarters of Swiss Post Solutions, NA.
The KCS team is tasked with driving innovation into customer discussions. The market demand to consume information ubiquitously & leverage that information for strategic advantage is upon us. Now more than ever: the data IS the application.
Innovation is critical as you transform "systems of record" to "systems of engagement." to monetize post-recession trends. Today an employee's consumer experience shapes the expectation of data consumption.
Yet organizations continue to print, copy & fax more than a trillion pages of office paper each year (source: Infotrends).
At Swiss Post Solutions we enable compliance & collaboration through scalable, repeatable & measurable information processes that transform your most valuable asset – relationships with internal & external customers.
Swiss Post Solutions helps reach your goals & objectives through excellence in:
– Document/Records Digitization & Systems Integration
– IT Support/Call Center Staffing & Management
– 'Front of House' Customer Experience Management
Our customers enjoy more effective & efficient information management (both physical & digital). Our team & solutions deliver an experience that exceeds expectations; whether we deliver service directly to your team - or to others on your behalf.
Our capabilities span from traditional FM and administrative services to full document/records digitization under any procurement model your business requires: including staff augmentation, time/milestone based projects, functional outsourcing & managed services.
You can rest easy knowing our proven security & IT practices are trusted by Swiss banks & have the backing of an $8B global powerhouse - Swiss Post Solutions, Inc.
Job Title: Business Development Consultant - Technology Strategy
Description: Following the success of his previous effort, Mark struck out consulting for various businesses looking to drive revenue, streamline branding and expand their presence in growth markets.
Running this practice Mark leverages his specialties in business situation analysis, process and technology solution design and value proposition/sales strategy development. In addition to business focused engagements, Mark consults to various professionals with their own personal technology needs.
Organizations that have relied on Mark's experience and expertise include:
• RFPMD – Consulted with this Chicago based provider of Proposal design and development services in order to expand into the technology RFP market. Provided market research and intellectual property. www.rfpmd.com
• ATA Solutions – Aided in the planning and development of this start-up professional services firm. Crafted sales proposals and engineered solutions for engagements with the US gov't including the EPA and Dep't of Homeland Security.
• Gigunda Group – Implemented retail silk-screen operations for the client of this 'Innovation Marketing Company.' The client was a Times Square NY concept store using stage lighting, interactive media, an on-site bakery and on-demand silk-screen operation to generate both interactive brand awareness and a truly one of a kind customer experience in a one of a kind location. www.poptartsworld.com/nyc
• Team Gear, Inc – Planned business integration between the company and Mundi-Westport, an international importer of leather goods. The plan (upon deployment) will establish operational linkages to support sales from a new market niche. Team Gear is a local NJ provider of high-end imprinted team & spirit wear. www.teamgearinc.com
Job Title: Principal Consultant – Business Consulting Services
Company: Nuance Communications (formerly Viecore)
Description: Mark Ward was a founding principal of the Business Consulting Services ("BCS") organization, a sales overlay team, for this leader in Speech Recognition technology which is everywhere including the Ford Sync and the voice activation on your Blackberry. During his tenure the group grew to 15 FTE generating $4.5MM in billable services & providing significant presales support.
The BCS team focused on Fortune 500 clients where Mark utilized his mastery in the development & presentation of solutions with supporting business cases to C-level executives.
Under his leadership the team successfully generated almost $45MM in pull-through professional services and recurring revenue (a 10:1 ratio vs consulting dollars).
His varied responsibilities included:
• Business & market development of branded consulting services.from unit inception
• Identified, scoped, negotiated & closed services and management consulting engagements.
• Designed, developed & maintained marketing collateral, standard service delivery tools & models.
• Business Case/ROI/Savings model subject matter expertise.
• Developed and Implemented the standardized delivery approach
• Focused on the client sensitivity for capex vs opex
• Supported customer experience objectives for multi-channel contact centers.
• BCS deliverables set the standard for the industry.
Mark has deep specialization in the identification & illustration of value propositions for technology & their use to drive solutions within enterprises across many industries including Healthcare, Insurance, Banking & Utilities.
In the summer of 2008 Mark personally delivered Nuance's first in-country prof services engagement in India. Effort rationalized and planned the transformation of application portfolio for Bharti-Airtel, India's largest wireless telecommunications provider.
This team was a part of Nuance's acquisition of Viecore in 2007. Viecore was a contact center systems integration firm based in Mahwah, NJ.
Job Title: Program Manager - Offer Management
Company: AT&T Solutions - Florham Park, NJ
Description: Mark was recruited to AT&T Solutions to manage Business Development efforts with select, industry leading System Integrators in order to bring a Desktop Support Services offering to market.
Mark's contribution included the negotiation of MSAs, the rationalization of capabilities with partner service portfolios. He served as the liaison with stakeholders in legal, vendor management, offer management, offer development & vendor/partners teams.
Mark aided in opportunity development as the 'Help Desk & End-User Support Services' subject matter expert within Offer Management. He also participated as the Offer Management stakeholder in the UAT of new monitoring tools and platforms.
Partner MSAs were in place by the end of 2000 and the service was in the process of identifying an FOI client when the organization refocused on Managed Network Services.
During his final role at AT&T Mark supported the Offer Management activities for network managed services supporting router, DNS-DHCP, WLAN, server and LAN technologies within the Managed Application Services unit of AT&T Business Services. His teamwork lead to the team exceeding revenue goals by 400%+
Job Title: Solutions Architect - Help Desk & End-User Support
Company: ENTEX Information Services - NYC Branch
Description: Mark was recruited to ENTEX to serve as a Help Desk manager for the Memorial Sloan Kettering on-site help desk supporting 5500 users with a team of 16 agents and 35 field engineers. Eventually Mark served as Project Executive on this account that generated $8MM annual revenue.
His adept abilities at process analysis and report development led to several opportunities to provide value to his clients. Some examples include:
• Served as the lead PC IMAC Process Analyst at Morgan Stanley to enable efficiencies in procurement, and PC asset management.
• Developed reporting and metrics packages for outsourcing clients including MetLife, Guardian Life and Morgan Stanley
His leadership led to the management of the 'Help Desk and Reporting Services' practice within the NYC branch generating $5.5M in revenue within 12 months following the division of the company into wholly separate solutions and hardware companies.
Rapid growth drove Mark's promotion to the role of National Solutions Architect for the strategic accounts pursuit team where he helped craft sales strategy and coordinate efforts to win national outsourcing opportunities.
Job Title: Consultant - Help Desk & Special Projects
Company: Pfizer Inc.- CIT Help Desk / World HQ in NY
Description: Mark was initially recruited as an agent within the Corporate Information Technology Help Desk supporting 5,000 clients answering 95,000 calls annually.
Mark served as a Tier 2/3 resource and a point of escalation for the team. It was in this role that Mark developed his mastery of Microsoft Office and got his first real exposure to enterprise IT support.
His mastery of the Pfizer infrastructure resulted in a role with the Help Desk management team (16 FTE) where he focused on project based work to improve and expand help desk service.
During his time supporting special projects at Pfizer major achievements included:
• Definition & documentation of internal processes and policies to support the outsourcing of the Pfizer WAN to AT&T.
• Delivery of service support training to over 500 Pfizer site administrators during the transition of WAN support responsibilities to AT&T
• Upgrade, configuration & administration of CIT Help Desk incident tracking tool (Utopia) for the Pharm business unit.
• Administration and maintenance of ACD and CTI integration with the phone system(s)
• Serving as IT liaison with business units to document service requirements & identify expansion opportunities
• Conducted screening and interviews of candidates for entry-level agent positions
• Developed new performance reporting for IT senior management
Job Title: Information Systems Manager
Company: SGA Sales & Marketing - White Plains, NY
Description: Mark managed the technology infrastructure and order management organization for this leading metro NY food brokerage.
While at SGA Mark managed the in-bound call center and staff of 7 employees supporting an outside sales team of 15 representatives. The firm represented over 10000 grocery SKUs to supermarket chains including Path-Mark, A&P, Shop-Rite, Walbaum's and smaller regional grocery chains.
In this role Mark managed technology partners to upgrade EDI systems. Under his direction the firm successfully deployed the first Windows PCs and desktop color printers for marketing purposes.
In addition his team was responsible for Accounts Receivable, Sales Administration & VIP support.
Job Title: General Manager
Company: T-Shirts+ at the Galleria Mall - White Plains, NY
Description: Mark began his professional career serving the general public printing and selling customized t-shirts and sportswear to schools, local businesses and corporations based in the White Plains, NY metro area. Mark served in different capacities for the owner throughout high-school and college. He personally printed over 500,000 t-shirts & jackets by hand throughout his tenure there.
As his customer service skills and attention to detail flourished greater responsibility followed leading to a specialization in technology including:
• Operation & Maintenance of computerized embroidery equipment
• Implemented the first computer art capabilities
• Established new 1st silk-screening production tools and processes
• Expanded business into niche fraternity & sorority markets with product margins 40% greater than contract work
Eventually Mark managed the business as General Manager on behalf of an owner who was enjoying the fruits of his labor and collaboration with Mr. Ward.
Mark moved on to different pursuits as the owner retired and sold the business to a small chain of sporting goods stores.
Job Title: National Production Manager
Company: Greek Central - Boston, MA Headquarters
Description: Mark honed his process and technology skills running the national production operations out of the firm's unique Kenmore Square headquarters.
Here he supervised 10 employees and implemented an early CRM system in Lotus Works that automated order tracking and product shipment.
Ultimately the firm moved production operations to New Brunswick, NJ and Mark chose to return the New York metro area and the T-Shirts+ organization.
Job Title: On-Air Talent
Company: WENU FM101.7 - Glens Falls, NY
Description: For a short period Mark indulged a dream and worked as an on-air disc jockey for an upstate NY adult contemporary radio station working overnight, weekend and holiday shifts. The on-air pace and prerecording of shows for country format WSTL AM1410 developed the ability to think on his feet & change delivery styles when necessary.
While the number of listeners were few during Northern NY winter overnights, this opportunity developed Mark's presentation and public speaking skills which would serve later in his career when presenting complex ideas to business executives. http://www.ontheradio.net/wenu
Job Title: General Manager
Company: The Greek Age - Albany, NY
Description: Mark successfully managed two Albany, NY locations for this retailer and manufacturer targeting the collegiate fraternity and sorority market from mid-Pennsylvania to South-Eastern Canada where the firm dominated the marketplace.
Mark initially ran production for the organization and grew into general business management as the business expanded to 3 additional NY locations.
Product specializations included sportswear, ad specialties, silk-screened goods and tackle-twill Greek lettered shirts.
The owners moved away from entrepreneurial endeavors and the most successful Albany, NY location was sold to Greek Central, a regional upstart looking to acquire market share.
Degree: Executive Education
Field of Study: Advanced Management Program
University / College: Duke University - The Fuqua School of Business
University / College: Gorton High School
Field of Study: Communications
University / College: State University of New York at Albany
at Swiss Post Solutions, Inc.