- Batley, GB
- £8 /hr
- Available now
I have extensive data analysis experience, I am an expert excel/ access / sql user. I am a fully trained as400 programmer. Expert VBA,
Area Covered: West Yorkshire
Location:more...I have extensive data analysis experience, I am an expert excel/ access / sql user. I am a fully trained as400 programmer. Expert VBA,
Area Covered: West Yorkshire
Location: Batley, West Yorkshire
Sept’14 – Present
Data Analyst, NOE CPC (NHS North of England Commercial Procurement Collaborative)
• Interpretation and presentation of MI to procurement team/ procurement directors
• Spend benchmarking utilising fuzzy lookup in order to identify potential trust savings and allow informed decision making.
• Ad hoc data analysis
• Training of buyers on excel functionality
• Interpretation/ manipulation and clean-up of large datasets output from various systems.
• Advanced excel analysis, VBA automation, SQL uploads.
• Advanced MS Access, complex query writing, macros.
• Developing Microsoft SQL Server 2014 Databases trained (20464)
• Qlikview analysis and automation.
• Presentation of reports to buyers and analysis of results
• Liaison with Corporate team to establish reporting requirements, worked on agency nursing rates app, legal MI, CPC drive employer savings reporting.
• Data gathering and development of Qlikview reporting/ dashboards via Access/ SQL databases and deployment on the web portal for trust access.
• Identification of data anomalies within reporting and discussion with procurement leads in order to improve data quality.
• Cover for team members during absence.
Mar’12 – Aug’14
Procurement Finance/ reporting, 2 Sisters Food Group, Wakefield.
• Running of monthly purchase price variance reporting for the financial controller.
• Advanced SAP/Navision spend reporting
• Macro automation using vba.
• Maintenance and upload of buyers pricing tables in order to maintain forecast/ budget prices.
• Advanced excel work, pivots, lookups, sumifs, advanced formula writing.
• Development of packaging/ indirects spend reporting for senior management.
• Automation of weekly reconciliations.
• Preparation of budget presentation packs, budget PPV, YOY inflation, new inflation.
• Preparation of monthly commodity pack from datagain system utilising Powerpoint.
'06 - '08
Data/MI analyst for NHS supply chain, Normanton. Produced ad - hoc medical purchasing reporting for management from large access databases. Involved complex query writing utilising access for extraction of information into excel for pivot table manipulation and report production. Also developed automated forms for buyers using VB script and SQL. Required excellent communication skills in order to establish report requirements, and to explain to buyers how to operate forms to produce their own automated reports.
Admissions Clerk (temporary) for the University of Leeds, Department of Theology. Responsible for processing of UCAS student applications utilising the Banner system to make offers, use of Banner queries to produce reports detailing decision and student information. Dealing with queries from students, academic staff, and external agents. Provision of clerical support for head of department.
Feb ’05- Oct 05
Finance Assistant (maternity cover) working within the faculty of Performance, Visual Arts and Communications at the University of Leeds. Duties involved supporting the faculty accountant utilising the sap system to conduct month end financial reporting. Dealing with insurance and capital asset register. Processing of faculty expenses and updating of staff salary spreadsheets. Involvement with 5 year planning exercise, exporting of data from sap to excel writing of macros and use of links to automate spreadsheets. Also provided cover for faculty purchase ordering and invoice verification at Bretton campus processing paper requsitions and electronic SIPR orders onto sap system. Also processed cash receipts for school of music.
Temporary Purchasing administrator for the University of Leeds. Working within the school of chemistry finance office involved in all aspects of the purchasing function utilising the SAP automated ordering and accounts system. Daily workload involves processing of SIPR order requests to generate supplier purchase orders, dealing with supplier queries accessing of account payment history, export of data from SAP to excel and production of graphical purchasing reports.
Also maintenance of departmental research account signatory spreadsheet along with general invoice/credit processing duties.
Temporary Accounts Assistant for Wakefield Metropolitan District Council. Responsible for processing of invoices and general accounts administration.
Sept’02 • May’04
Temporary Administrative Officer for the Home Office Immigration Service, Kirkstall Road, Leeds. Working within the Management of Detained Cases Unit, responsible for review of detained asylum cases in order to effect removal from detention estate. Daily tasks consisted mainly of manipulation of asylum data within excel to establish new detainee details and production of fax documentation within word which I automated using VB script, and contact with ports and enforcement officers to obtain case updates and asylum status for detainees in order to produce request documentation. Production of ad-hoc reports for management summarising asylum data. I was also required to man the duty officer phone on a rota basis which involved dealing with calls from solicitors, internal and external agents where it was important to maintain confidentiality and communicate effectively. I was also involved with ad • hoc management reporting which involved consultation of the in house oracle casework database and also an file access database used for file tracking which held current location of paper-based casework files which I initially assisted in setting up and populating. Required teamwork and effective communication skills.
October’01 • Sept02
Administration Clerk for P& O Tran European, Rothwell. (Temp-Perm)
Responsible for costing of haulage and storage carried out by P & O depots and their subcontractors for customs and excise throughout the country.
Also dealt with queries from customs and carrying out of stock reconciliation. Involved use of an in house customs seizures database and costing system.
Database/ Farm Services Administrator at Premier Poultry Limited, Kettlethorpe, Lincoln. Working for the database manager I was responsible for producing poultry reports and arranging delivery of poultry products to customers. This involved logistical management and sales of poultry products with extensive customer and supplier contact. Complex interrogation of a Delphi/NT database was also involved in order to produce ad hoc spreadsheets using Excel and MS Query.
Analyst/Programmer for Redwood Systems Ltd, Denby Dale Road, Wakefield. Worked on various contracts for telecomms companies, responsible for AS400 accounts data conversion for Cable and Wireless in Brighton. Performed advanced system analysis and programming for their integrated customer management system utilising the RPG400 language. Worked on coding for millennium date bug bypass. Compiled documentation using Word and Excel.
Created advanced database queries for senior management. Also responsible for training of four programmer analysts.
Education Summary: 1984-1987 Hemsworth High School
1986 Mathematics A
Chemistry A French A
Computer Studies B
English Language C
English Literature C
1987-1989 Hemsworth High Sixth Form
General Studies D
1990-1994 University of Newcastle-upon-Tyne
BA (Hons.) Economics 3
First year: Economics, Psychology, German
Second year: Company Finance, Public economics
Final year: Economic forecasting
Portfolio Analysis/ Management