- Plymouth, GB
- £32 /hr
- Available now
Working on customer projects
A Freelance IT consultant with over 20 years experience in the IT industry, able to work on own initiative or as part of a team. Has the ability to quickly pick up and become productivemore...A Freelance IT consultant with over 20 years experience in the IT industry, able to work on own initiative or as part of a team. Has the ability to quickly pick up and become productive with new technologies. Well honed analysis, design and project management skills
Area Covered: Nationwide
Work Experience Summary: June 2003 - present Currently working on projects for customers as well as keeping my skill set up to date. Projects include: -
• Real time Andon monitoring system using Node.js, Python and a Raspberry Pi
• Online transcription service designed in Drupal 7 along with RESTful web services and Paypal integration.
• Intranet based shop floor recording database designed using the YII PHP framework, SQL Server, SQL Reporting Services,SQL Server Integration Services.
• Rationalisation and integration of a customer’s disparate ERP and Sage systems using Delphi XE10,SQL Server and SQL Reporting Services.
• Conversion of Visual Basic ActiveX components to Delphi DLL components.
• Research, design and implementation of a Java/Glassfish based 3-tier web application used to record and report OEE measurements
• Wireless data capture project, using PDAs, an ASP.NET front end and a MS SQL server back end.
• Development of a web enabled change notification system in Lotus Notes and XPages.
• Maintenance and amendments to a C# application that used a SQLite database.
• Part of a project team on an iSeries to SAP ERP migration.
• Installation of a Radio Frequency bar-coding system. This included the analysis, design and implementation of the system requirements. This system interfaced with the customer’s existing iSeries ERP system.
Customers: Spinnaker International-Saltash, Rittal-CSM – Plymouth, Superwinch-Tavistock, Thornbury Manufacturing – Plymouth, Centrax- Newton Abbott, Trundlewood Property Management-Plymouth, Mendip Media Group – Exeter
Freelance IT Consultant: June 1997 - April 2002 When I arrived at my main customer - Rittal, they did not have an IT department. I was involved in setting up the new department, which involved extensive discussions with Senior Managers, along with offering advice on the formulation of an IT strategy. Once the department became established I was involved in a number of development projects on the AS400, Lotus Notes/Domino and NT platforms.
Customers: Rittal - Plymouth, Pacific Staff, Plymouth, Centrax, Newton Abbott, HCS, Leicestershire Employment
Centrax Ltd, Newton Abbott: April 1995 - May 1997 As IT Manager of a medium sized manufacturing plant, I was responsible for all aspects of the companies IT systems. Responsibilities included, three members of staff reporting to me, negotiating with various internal and external contacts, budgetary control, managing various development projects and formulating a company IT strategy.
Eaton Ltd, Plymouth: February 1985 - March 1995 Over the 10 years I was at Eaton I worked my way up from the position of Trainee Computer Operator to IT Manager. I was eventually responsible for all aspects of the day-to-day running of the IT department
Education Summary: Masters Degree in Web Technologies & Security from Plymouth University
Freelance It Consultant
I have been more than pleased with finding Mark through People Per Hour. I couldn't have asked for a more knowledgeable, conscientious and hard working programmer. Nothing is ever a problem for Mark and he is willing to offer advice or alternative solutions to any issue. I would recommend Mark to anyone looking for programming/development work.