- London, GB
- £30 /hr
- Available now
I am an experienced and highly commercial accountant / financial controller / bookkeeper, accomplished in helping business startups and SMEs develop finance policies, implementingmore...I am an experienced and highly commercial accountant / financial controller / bookkeeper, accomplished in helping business startups and SMEs develop finance policies, implementing software processes, training staff as well as in financial modelling, forecasting and report-writing. I have worked in the not-for-proft, retail, e-commerce, design and travel and tourism sectors and have a proven track record in promoting accountability and profitability. I am also available to provide bookkeeping services and statutory accounts, tax return and VAT return preparation.
Area Covered: London, Northern Home Counties
Summary: - 9 years as Group Financial Controller of a £4m UK Ltd company which grew into a global group of 5 companies with a £26m turnover, specialising in product and software design, engineering and installation
- Head of Mail Order and E-Commerce at Thomas Pink, a luxury shirtmaker - 2 1/2 years
- Head of Finance for Nicky Clarke Hair Salon and Kasmare Ltd, a wholesaler and retaier of hair products - 1 year
- Financial Controller of DHA Lighting, a maundacturer and retailer of theatre lighting products and of DHA Design Services, an archetectural lighting design company - 4 years
- Management / Systems accountant for Mark Warner Ltd, a luxury tour operator - 4 years
- Merchant and Company, Trainee chartered accountant - 1 year
Company: In-Spire Ltd
Description: A temporary position in a Lottery funded charity. Responsible for the preparation of year-end statutory accounts, identification and implementation of new processes and the recruitment and training of a permanent accountant. Using Sage Line 50 with updatable links to Excel, I have developed consistent and meaningful stakeholder reports and have introduced new policies during a time of organisational change.
Education Summary: 12 O Levels, 2 A/O Levels, 3 A Levels
BA Hons Accountancy and Financial Control 2:2 Sheffield Hallam University
Part-completion of ICAEW stage 1