- County of Kent, GB
- £7 /hr
- Available now
I am a highly qualified and experienced Personal Assistant and Office Manager who has consistently worked at the highest levels (Chief Executive, Group Managing Director, Headmore...I am a highly qualified and experienced Personal Assistant and Office Manager who has consistently worked at the highest levels (Chief Executive, Group Managing Director, Head of Department) over the past 20 years, mainly in the financial sector, with a dabbling in the retail and building sectors. I am well spoken with a good telephone manner, communication skills and a good sense of humour.
Experienced in business administration including diary management, business correspondence, global travel arrangements, proof-reading, meeting facilitation and database management; monitoring of financial budgets and expenses, project management and administration; event management, marketing; research and business development; and the use of many IT packages, including, Excel, Powerpoint, Word, Outlook.
I am able to provide a full range of office support services to either companies or individuals either virtually or in London or the surrounding counties.
I have the ability to learn quickly and to provide a solution to any problem presented to me. I am extremely comfortable using my own initiative, happy working by myself and also as part of a team. My work experience over the years has provided me with exceptional organisational skills, a good eye for detail and working strictly to deadlines. Prioritising workload now comes as second nature. I have shown that I have a positive attitude for getting the job done and am open to taking on a variety of tasks. It goes without saying that I maintain a high level of confidentiality, am reliable and trustworthy.
Since becoming a 'mother at home' I have kept myself busy providing secretarial support for my husbands business, run an Ebay shop, assisted at my son's school and overseen the refurbishment of our current home. I am now ready for more of a challenge.
Area Covered: Virtually: UK. However, can physically work in London and the South East
Summary: I have worked mainly in the financial sector before becoming a mother and have extensive experience of working for Investment Banks and a fund management company in the city of London.
I also worked in sales and marketing for 4 years at a large insurance company.
My other areas of experience are within commercial property development, retail and advertising.
Job Title: PA/Research Assistant
Company: Credit Suisse
Description: Research Assistant to Head of Global Beverages
• Normal PA duties including extensive global travel and diary management, expenses, producing own
correspondence. Liaison point for clients, sales, trading & Investment Banking. Arranging training, liaison with HR.
• Assisting in the production of research documents, liasing with Editorial/Supervisory Analysts.
• Responsibility for client entertainment – sourcing suitable venues, confirming clients attendance, attending event.
• Updating spreadsheets, producing charts from Datastream, acquiring statistics and information from Bloomberg,
Reuters and other sources.
• Arranging global conferences & roadshows.
• Producing weekly statistics for sales force & clients.
• Maintaining database for client information.
• Responsibility for the organisation of the DLJ research department move into new building.
• Reason for leaving: Redundancy.
Job Title: PA to Head of Pan European Research
Description: January 1997 – July 1998
• Normal PA duties including extensive diary management, travel management, minute taking, expenses,
producing own correspondence.
• Responsibility for two research department moves.
• Management of Desk Assistants.
• Arranging training courses for members of the research department.
• Arranging both client and staff entertainment.
• Reason for leaving: Left with Head of Research for Credit Suisse
Job Title: Office Manager and PA to Chief Executive
Company: Spitalfield Development Group
Description: • All normal PA duties – diary keeping, arranging meetings, taking minutes, expenses, petty cash
• Reorganising office, purchasing new equipment, arranging building work, etc.
• Responsible for the upkeep of office equipment, including IT issues.
• Reason for leaving: role became limited after office refurbishment complete.
Job Title: PA to Group Managing Director
Company: Overbury Plc
Description: November 1994 – September 1995
• All normal PA duties.
• Refurbishment of office.
• Extensive client liaison.
• Responsibility for three members of secretarial staff.
• Organising client entertainment.
• Reason for leaving: Group MD retired.
Job Title: PA to President of Europe and Africa
Company: Gaia Fund Management Group
Description: – November 1992 – May 1994
• Normal PA duties. Extensive diary management, travel management, minute taking.
• Producing weekly fund management newsletter.
• Management of database system.
• Liaison with clients, providing fund information.
• Reason for leaving: Company closed.
Job Title: Research Assistant – Marketing Department
Company: Municipal Mutual Insurance Ltd
Description: • Normal PA duties.
• Liaison point for compliance issues.
• Maintenance of the marketing budget.
• Producing marketing literature
• Attending and assisting in Sales presentations through out the UK.
• Reason for leaving: Company relocated to Hampshire, preferred to stay working in London.
Job Title: PA to Regional Manager
Company: Radio Rentals, Kent & Sussex Regional Office
Description: – July 1985 – April 1988
• Normal PA duties, diary management, minute taking.
• Producing weekly sales newsletter for distribution to showrooms/service centres.
• Reason for leaving: Moved back to working in London
Job Title: Team Secretary
Company: The Leagas Delaney Partnership
Description: First job after leaving secretarial college. All normal secretarial duties.
• Reason for leaving: First role out of college. Needed more of a challenge.
Education Summary: I am qualified to A level with particular emphasis on English and the arts.
TEC Diploma in Hotel Management.
Senior Secretarial Certificate - RSA Typing Levels I & II,III Office Practice Level II, Pitman Shorthand 90 wpm.
CAM Certificate in Marketing & Advertising
I am happy to provide a full cv, on request.